Jerky gear changes in auto Avalon

sr89

Basically whenever the gears change it's really jerky. Seems to be worst from 1st>2nd and gets a bit better from 2nd>3rd>4th.

Any ideas?

Mate do you do alot of highway driving?.If so, i found that in my last car, that alot of highway driving, high speeds for long durations will customise the gear changing, so when you drive around residential area at 60 or 50km the car gear changing in automatic will be jerky and all over the shop. For example if you drove from brisbane to melbourne flat out at 120km, it would take about 1-2 weeks of driving around melbourne city for the gear changing to settle in and get use to stop start gear changing.

Im not sure if this is the same for the aurion, but found it happened a fair bit with some of my other automatics.

Basically whenever the gears change it's really jerky. Seems to be worst from 1st>2nd and gets a bit better from 2nd>3rd>4th.

Any ideas?

Mate do you do alot of highway driving?.If so, i found that in my last car, that alot of highway driving, high speeds for long durations will customise the gear changing, so when you drive around residential area at 60 or 50km the car gear changing in automatic will be jerky and all over the shop. For example if you drove from brisbane to melbourne flat out at 120km, it would take about 1-2 weeks of driving around melbourne city for the gear changing to settle in and get use to stop start gear changing.

Im not sure if this is the same for the aurion, but found it happened a fair bit with some of my other automatics.

I am pretty sure that with thte learning gear box in the car does that.. Easiest way to fix it would be to reset the trans ECU..

I am pretty sure that with thte learning gear box in the car does that.. Easiest way to fix it would be to reset the trans ECU..

Did the Avalon come with adaptive AI for the automatic transmission though? It seems like a reasonable explanation, but only if it is one of the features that it has.

Did the Avalon come with adaptive AI for the automatic transmission though? It seems like a reasonable explanation, but only if it is one of the features that it has.

Good point didn't even look to see it was the Avalon not the Aurion we were speaking about... my bad :whistling: