clutch problem - burning

i may have another problem :(

i was going up my driveway today (really steep and you have to ride the clutch a bit to get up it) and it felt like the clutch didnt work properly and kept itself half engaged and non-engaged and the car struggled up the driveway.... it was at normal rpm levels at about 2-2500...

about 2 seconds later the car fills with a burning smell... im thinking clutch is the cause

your thoughts guys? .. im just worried because i just bought this car :(

thanks in advance

on further investigation into the problem i have discovered that my clutch is fine... i put it down to aircon on full blast... 60 degree angle driveway (dont ask) ...so that is all cool thank ***...

this is what happens

upon driving the car (usually) minimum lift, normal driving, normal breaking etc i pull up at home in the driveway and i get a burning smell... it smells like the car has been thrashed (you know the smoldering break pad smell).. it smells just like that, but i purposely went about not breaking hard and it still appears

its not like burning oil it just smells like its been through 200km/h break tests for a day

any ideas would be appreciated.. thanks

check the boot of the clutch pivot point.

pump the clutch pedal, u will see this 90 degree joint flexing. it has a rubber boot on that. check to see if it's deformed/melted. esp after a bit of a drive.

if u're not sure about which bit, i'll take a foto tomorrow

i found the boot thingo after many a long minutes under the car and it looked normal to me... no melting or charring had occured

i went for several long drives today and i have been unable to replicate the problem

my conclusion is:

possible chemicals on the break pads discs were causing the smell... my younger brother washed the car the other day and sprayed the tyres as well as the alloys(hes not the sharpest tool in the shed) with a tyre cleaner and wet look shine tyre spray stuff... maybe the smell was due to the chemicals and heat and whatever... hopefully it will not occur again

thanks for the reply shaohaok i really appreciate it