AVIC HD-3

razor_raef

Hi all,

I've just purchased a Corolla Levin ZR and am about to change the entire sound system.

I was just wondering if anyone has already installed a Pioneer AVIC-HD3 system into their car and if they have any pics of how it looks in the dash?

I was also wondering if anyone has a pic of the area just under the steering wheel. Im looking to see if there is a gap where a couple of cable can come out and also to see if there is a little ledge where someone could place an ipod/phone/etc. (I'm aware of the small area underneath the gearbox but i need to check if theres one underneath the steering wheel)

For those curious about my changes, i'm installing:

Pioneer

AVIC-HD3

Ipod cable

Aux cable (for mp3 player)

Boston

Front 6inch Splitters

Rear 6inch

2 amps

12" sub

Others

Rear camera

CAN BUS security system upgrade

heyy mate

congrats on your new acquisition & welcome to TOCAU!!

i dont drive the new model Rollas, so this isnt much help at all..

but i just gotta say, the system your fitting, once this setup is complete, its going to be mean.. nice and simple but with taste

good luck with it all and enjoy your stay

I'm thinking about upgrading to the same unit, currently I've got an AVH-P4050DVD in our car but wouldn't mind adding sat-nav in the new one

JVC has a new one coming out with a detachable face though so I wouldn't mind comparing that..

I'm thinking about upgrading to the same unit, currently I've got an AVH-P4050DVD in our car but wouldn't mind adding sat-nav in the new one

JVC has a new one coming out with a detachable face though so I wouldn't mind comparing that..

someone on the forum has got that.. installed it the other day.. seems cool.. detachable face is good as u will not attract too much attention from some idiots..

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

just give it another wait.. new unit is coming out, so the price for this gonna drop again..

i cant believe how much people are selling at autobarn.. and STILL, people buying.. <_<

sorry, i am in melb, drive down and i might b able to help you out? lolz :mellow:

nice looking unit. Havnt had the chance to play with one. I have a Clarion MAX686BT in my sportivo, top unit, All in all, double din units look so good in double din openings. I.E late model corollas.

• 1 month later...

slightly OT, but still relevant.

razor_raef - did you have any problems mounting the 6" splits in the doors? did you cut any holes or could you use what came out of the factory to mount the speakers?

cheers in advance