Levin SX Hatch

Hey all

Im looking to buy a Levin SX Hatch in the next few weeks and have a few questions.

I was offered a manual Demo with 3000km for $26k drive away. Im wondering is that alot of km for a demo or about standard?

Otherwise i'd be looking at putting a bit over $1k worth of extra's on a brand new SX.

So im wondering what price should my cut off price be? Like should i not pay over say $27k for a manual.

The other thing im wondering is when do the new Corolla's come out? Wondering if i should wait a little longer and get a newer one or use that as another way to save myself some cash.

Any advice is apprecaited. ;)

If your got time to kill maybe wait to your local toyota has a big sale (Not sure if all toyota's have sales at the same time!) - Castle Hill Toyota had a sale weekend last week and flogged off heaps of cars...

Tell them you have $24 or $24500 and you dont have a cent more and if they say no walk away.. I did that at 5 dealers and got my Levin zr for $28000 BRAND NEW. With in a week 3 rang back and said ok, told em too late. Told you i didnt have a cent more didnt i. Good luck

Tell them you have $24 or $24500 and you dont have a cent more and if they say no walk away.. I did that at 5 dealers and got my Levin zr for $28000 BRAND NEW. With in a week 3 rang back and said ok, told em too late. Told you i didnt have a cent more didnt i. Good luck

I'm looking at buying a Levin ZR silver very soon (waiting for stability control - maybe i should give up). Was going to go round a heap of dealers like you did or go to a broker... So your car is a Manual? When did you purchase?

I haven't decided on Auto or Manual though i've been leaning towards auto until reading a few recent posts about them being a bit 'chuggy' when half loaded. Of course the orginal reviews when they first came out said the 6sp was always having to change gears, and 2800rpm at 100km in 6th is a lot strange.

I'm looking at buying a Levin ZR silver very soon (waiting for stability control - maybe i should give up). Was going to go round a heap of dealers like you did or go to a broker... So your car is a Manual? When did you purchase?

I haven't decided on Auto or Manual though i've been leaning towards auto until reading a few recent posts about them being a bit 'chuggy' when half loaded. Of course the orginal reviews when they first came out said the 6sp was always having to change gears, and 2800rpm at 100km in 6th is a lot strange.

Didnt go to broker, have 4 dealers near me. Stability control should be October they reckon but Motor Show starts next week so if true it should be there. Yes its manual and ordered in March this year and got it April.

Went for a test drive yesterday afternoon and my husband commented that he wasnt that impressed. I think he might be comparing it to his 99 Corolla a bit too much as it was his baby (he crashed it into a tree, he came away without a scratch but the car..... :( ).

He complained about the manual revving too high. So now we're looking at perhaps the auto instead.

The dealer also told us they would beat any price we were given anywhere else.

3,000km seem alot for a demo car, but i guess the corolla is a popular model. so im not surprised. I test drove a VW and demo car has done just over 300km, the price they were asking for it is ridiculous, cost more than a brand new.

In some cases it is cheaper to buy a brand new.

3,000km seem alot for a demo car, but i guess the corolla is a popular model. so im not surprised. I test drove a VW and demo car has done just over 300km, the price they were asking for it is ridiculous, cost more than a brand new.

In some cases it is cheaper to buy a brand new.

Yes i second that... First i was looking for demo ZR and cheapest i found was $29500 with 11000km.. waited and got brandnew with 2km and $1500 less.

I'm picking up an auto Levin ZR hatch today, i was lucky enough to purchase the car with most accessories (except moonroof) for $32,500

congrats, i have to wait 3 months for my manual levin ZR w/moonroof to come. What accessories did you buy? Luckly for me i'm getting a 21% discount.

Hmm, a good reason why I want to trade in, I sure as hell don't want to wait 3 months with no car.

Any reason why 3 months? seems a long wait for a popular production car, didn't think they had a backlog at the factory or anything.

Edited by dopey

Hmm, a good reason why I want to trade in, I sure as hell don't want to wait 3 months with no car.

Any reason why 3 months? seems a long wait for a popular production car, didn't think they had a backlog at the factory or anything.

I think the fact that not many people purchase the levin zr and if they do its in auto. There was a levin zr manual showing up on the backlog at the factory in japan but it doesn't have a moonroof. So now they'll have to build mine.

When i went to test drive the corolla the only one they had was in manual was the conquest sedan with 2kms on the clock. I was basically the first person to test drive it. I'm not the only one waiting for my manual levin zr, there's another member here who's been waiting for 3 months now

That person is me! :P, I've been waiting (and still waiting) for mine since July!.

kinezz: How are ya mate?, any update on that tracking letter?

Vinh

Stability will be available December production onwards. 6 speed gearbox will have revised ratios with the production change as well.

Cool!!!!

Where did you get the info? AIM Show starts tomorrow so i've been scouring the net for pre info regarding corolla but found nothing.

If that's true then I'll wait and save up and get my GT4 ready for sale and enjoy it for a bit longer. (I hope nothing major breaks til then..)

Edited by Hawk