Factory toyota rust preventer????

Hi guys, ive convinced one of my mates to go buy a stivo, anyway hes picking one up this weekend, 05 for $15-16,000. 100k on the clock and owned by a guy who works for car detailing products.........

anyways, the thing is, my mate looked under the bonnet (and knowing what mine looks like) noticed that there was an extra box near the vin no. After asking the owner what this was, he said that it was some toyota factory option added to his car that reduces/prevents rust on the car? My mate reckons that from what he saw, that the box is wired up to different parts of the body?

Anyone heard or seen anything like this before, because to me it sounds like a big selling gimmick. The cars under finance but the guy said he would take my mate to the bank with him just so he knows everything is all good when they transfer the money over.

Thanks guys

Don't quote me on this but I've come across this before and it seems to fill the body of the car with a negative (or something similar) sort of charge and that prevents rust builds up as for rust to form, you need .............. whatever that little box hooked into the body prevents :(

Sorry, that's about all I have. Best is to google it .

its an electronic rust protection box.

it is hooked up to the battery or power source and like guni said, it sends negative charge around the car.

mind u it costs about 400 bucks to get it put on your car :P.

not sure if it actually works but we sell heaps at work.

its an electronic rust protection box.

it is hooked up to the battery or power source and like guni said, it sends negative charge around the car.

mind u it costs about 400 bucks to get it put on your car :P.

not sure if it actually works but we sell heaps at work.

GREAT !!!

So I'm not a nut case who watched too much x-files to think all this $h!t up !!!

Phew. Scared me for a moment there :P

I don't think they've been around long enough to see if they work or not...

Should hook one up to a brand new car and leave it at the beach for a year... See what happens...

Or the seaside. Those salt water sure speed up the process. But need another car that doesn't have it next to it for control. THat would be the best experiment.

Should hook one up to a brand new car and leave it at the beach for a year... See what happens...

Or the seaside. Those salt water sure speed up the process. But need another car that doesn't have it next to it for control. THat would be the best experiment.

What's the difference between the beach and the seaside? :blink:

Had one fitted at the dealer when I got my Corolla Placebo brand new (Dec 05).

I surf a lot & the car gets a full wash / clean approx once a month.

So far, no sign of rust (touch wood!)

Cheers

Tim

Edited by snakesau

A beach is by the seaside, but by the seaside does not necessarily mean by a beach :idea:

Edited by snakesau