2000 corolla ae112 air flow sensor

I want to raplce my factory annoyingly quiet airbox with a nice grunty filter ;) lol

Problem is.. i have sensor in the side of my airbox, my old man (who has worked in toyota parts for about 20 years) tells me that it is the airflow sensor... If i was to install a pod filter and piping and move the air flow sensor into the piping rather than the side of the airbox would this cause problems...

I imagine the air flow dynamics in the air box are different to those in the pipe... will my ecu get false readings?

Figured you were the guys to ask... thanks :(

I want to raplce my factory annoyingly quiet airbox with a nice grunty filter ;) lol

Problem is.. i have sensor in the side of my airbox, my old man (who has worked in toyota parts for about 20 years) tells me that it is the airflow sensor... If i was to install a pod filter and piping and move the air flow sensor into the piping rather than the side of the airbox would this cause problems...

I imagine the air flow dynamics in the air box are different to those in the pipe... will my ecu get false readings?

Figured you were the guys to ask... thanks :(

It's not an airflow sensor, but an intake air temperature sensor. AE112s are MAP, not AFM.

And just get a hole cut into the new piping and stick the sensor + bung into that, it's what I did.

P1060137.jpg

You can just see the sensor on the alloy intake piping about 20cm from the flex-pipe connected to the throttle body (pod filter is in the cavity left by the resonator, behind the front bumper and under the guard)

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Ah so it's just a temp sensor... niiice... Thankyou, the help is much apreciated... It's so hard to find info on the bloody ae112 noone seems to modify them ;)

mate... you'd be amazed at how many people in the world modify these... look up AE110 or E11s in Europe and parts of Asia...

my favourite :D http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2554569

It just depends on how much you want to spend and how far you want to go... I know how far I want to go... but I just don't want to waste crazy amounts of $$$.

here's a site that stocks stuff for our AE110s... http://www.supergt.com.hk/shop/index.php?s...mp;show_all=yes

I'm visiting Hong Kong next week and be checking out the SuperGT shop for goodies I may send back hehehe

Edited by 11TWO

Same power figures ay! hmm... sounds like fun... Yeh see i know alot of people do up the ae110/111 but theres barely anything to make the ae112 liftback pretty looking, not many bodykits, lights, etc.

Not that I've found anywho... everythings a different shape between them... only thing that seems to be the same is the mechanics...

I could be wrong. lol. I'm a rolla n00b when it comes to modifying... used to have a 1981 Ke55 sweet as :( kinda miss it.

Thanks for ur help guys... I'm thinking of doing the whole 4AGE top half 7A-FE bottom half and turbo its nuts off thing... we'll see how we go ;)