Divided Loyalties

Buddha

Who will you be backing during the 2005 Formula 1 season?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have to say I am honestly confused on this one ... I want to support Toyota but I also want to see Aussies do well at the top level of motorsport.

What do you think?

Where's the selection for M. Schumacher because he's a king, M. Webber because he's an aussie (but not because of Williams, I hate Williams) and Toyota because, well, it's Toyota....

So hard to split my loyalties, I think I'll watch IRL and support Ryan Briscoe driving for Chip Ganassi Racing (Toyota power), and of course James Courtney in the reformatted JGTC driving the TOM's Supra.

I'm very tempted to fly to Perth at the end of the year to see the Aussie round!!!! :D

Where's the selection for M. Schumacher because he's a king, M. Webber because he's an aussie (but not because of Williams, I hate Williams) and Toyota because, well, it's Toyota....

So hard to split my loyalties, I think I'll watch IRL and support Ryan Briscoe driving for Chip Ganassi Racing (Toyota power), and of course James Courtney in the reformatted JGTC driving the TOM's Supra.

I'm very tempted to fly to Perth at the end of the year to see the Aussie round!!!! :D

I thought about Schuey, but he seems to be doing OK without the support of a few Aussie Toyota owners! It was the decision to support my car vs support my countryman that bewilders me.

And the flight to Perth ... I assume that's for Rally Australia?

They are building a new closed circuit in Perth just for an annual round of the JGTC (and possibly will be used for V8 Supercars). It is part of the expansion plan to get the series out of Japan and to more supporters of the series. They are heading to Malaysia (Sepang) and China (Shanghai) also to race on the F1 circuits the same as V8's are to try and exploit this untapped market.