Air Cond on/off

Kruzenvax

Kluger Grande 2008. I have noticed that - when air cond is on - sometimes it produces kind of a click when it turns on when driving. Not very loud and not always but once in a while I can hear it. Is this normal?

Thanks

Edited by Kruzenvax

Kluger Grande 2008. I have noticed that - when air cond is on - sometimes it produces kind of a click when it turns on when driving. Not very loud and not always but once in a while I can hear it. Is this normal?

Thanks

The 'click' your hearing when the air con turns on is most likely related to the actual compressor engaging. The compressor is belt driven from the engine, so it would be almost impossible to have it turn on without making any sound at all.

Next time you start the car, start it with the air con off. Wind your window down and then hit the A/C button. If the noise you hear as the compressor engages is the same one you have been hearing, I would suggest you dont have a problem at all.

Thanks. I reproduced the problem in a way very similar to what you have described; instead of window I played with RPMS - at certain RPM it clicks.

The 'click' your hearing when the air con turns on is most likely related to the actual compressor engaging. The compressor is belt driven from the engine, so it would be almost impossible to have it turn on without making any sound at all.

Next time you start the car, start it with the air con off. Wind your window down and then hit the A/C button. If the noise you hear as the compressor engages is the same one you have been hearing, I would suggest you dont have a problem at all.

On my KX-S the only click I hear is from the front of the car when the AC compressor engages like JC says (it's got a magnetic clutch so is a distinct sound) - I hear no sound that comes from inside the car. Hope that helps?

Cheers