whitestivo

So the Lotus shares the same motor as the sportivo

Yet, the new Lotus SC, has added a SC to the 2ZZ, and the following happened

Max Power 220 PS (163 kW) at 8000 rpm

Max Torque 212 Nm (156 lb.ft) at 5000 rpm

Compared to

Maximum torque 180Nm @ 6800rpm

Maximum power 141kW @ 7800rpm

Notice the increase in torque much further down the rev range where it's needed. What makes this interesting is the SC used is a Roots-type Magnusson M45 supercharger, and it doesn't require an intercooler or associated piping, in fact from my reading, it's bolted straight onto the inlet manifold. The car does run the following Lotus T4e engine control unit (ECU). Other than that, i can't spot the difference in the specification of the car.

Other than there aren't many lotus going to the wreckers, surely this is as easier mod to a sportivo. I'm not looking to shatter the quarter mile, just a good bang for buck modification, and this seems to be a lot easier, after reading some of the other modifications out there. And it's proven on a 2ZZ already, on a production car.

Ideas?

whitestivo

There have been supercharged exiges for ages

In the Europe, TTE released a supercharged T-sport, there is a place in england that has kits available, ecu and all, it is also a non-intercooled supercharger

http://www.prolex-uk.com/store/product_inf...products_id=478

Would of been a good buy when our currency was higher.

Rotex superchargers have been proven to work on 2zz's, usually controlled by a Power FC, might wanna lower the compression ratio when using these though.

But I don't see why 4-5 psi wouldn't work on stock internals with proper tuning.

Thing is, the rotex cars I have seen have been celicas, they have abit more space between the engine and the radiator than the corollas, so it'll be a tight fit.

Edit: rotrex (J_factor from Ozcelica)

20080711142025zn8.jpg

Edited by bonbon

There is always the Blitz Compressor kit, they even do a kit specifically for the ZZE123 ;) Blitz use an Ogura TX12 and is intercooled.

Or the cheap option is the GReddy kit for the Celica, it uses a Magnusson MP62. Not sure what will need modification to work on the Rolla, the addition of a Power FC on both kits is beneficial.

Blitz made one for 2zz and 1zz.

As far as I am concerned, both are discontinued.

I wonder how responsive rotrex is compared to the roots type.

I'm not impressed with certifigual charger like the Vortec kit for S2000 as there is no power at all down low, in fact I think its robbing power down low to drive the belt. But once on VTEC, hold on to ya seat. Then again, may aswell turbo the car for such power delivery.

The Rotrex has the advantage over a turbo in the fact the unit can be mounted in front of the engine, unlike a turbo (on the 2zz) jammed between the engine and steering rack. 'The_J_Factor' on the Gold Coast ran with the Rotrex for years, so best person to ask about how it was would be him. Plus he can give you the template for the mounting bracket.

Blitz have re-listed the 2zz SC on their site, so they might be making them again.

Blitz made one for 2zz and 1zz.

As far as I am concerned, both are discontinued.

I wonder how responsive rotrex is compared to the roots type.

I'm not impressed with certifigual charger like the Vortec kit for S2000 as there is no power at all down low, in fact I think its robbing power down low to drive the belt. But once on VTEC, hold on to ya seat. Then again, may aswell turbo the car for such power delivery.

correct! they are both listed as discontinued.. you may be lucky to find them in some shops in japan!

i have the blitz kit for the 1zz installed, the bottom end torque is amazing and has awesome accelleration in every gear.. if you have the auto box and non drive by wire the blitz ecu is a strait plug and play.. i have manual and DBW so had to make my own harness..

The Rotrex has the advantage over a turbo in the fact the unit can be mounted in front of the engine, unlike a turbo (on the 2zz) jammed between the engine and steering rack. 'The_J_Factor' on the Gold Coast ran with the Rotrex for years, so best person to ask about how it was would be him. Plus he can give you the template for the mounting bracket.

Blitz have re-listed the 2zz SC on their site, so they might be making them again.

Sorry, I was referring the turbo for the S2k.

On Celica, Rotrex would be the way if there is no other option. One thing Rotrex don't have is that terrific whining supercharger noise from Roots type.

Sorry, I was referring the turbo for the S2k.

On Celica, Rotrex would be the way if there is no other option. One thing Rotrex don't have is that terrific whining supercharger noise from Roots type.

GT28RS is ur friend ;)

The SC on the Elise is a baby compared to the setup on the Exige.

Due to the fact that is does not run an intercooler because or reduced space in the Elise engine bay, it runs at a lower boost pressure.

Because of the intercooler the Exige SC has a higher output.