Corolla Boot Capacity in '98 - '01 models

Hi everyone,

I am looking at buying a Corolla liftback (hatchback) made anywhere between '98 and '01 but I seem to be noticing a decrease in boot capacity since my last model Corolla.

I currently own an AE82 Corolla CSX Seca 5 door liftback (hatchback) from approximately 1983 - 1985. I find the boot capacity to be quite large in this model. I'm currently researching the options available to me in a new(er) Corolla and am looking at something in a hatchback/liftback with similar or greater boot capacity (without having to fold the back seats down). It's nice to be able to leave the car in the supermarket parking lot with week's worth of groceries safely hidden in the back! :)

Does anyone know anything about boot capacity in a '98 - '01 Corolla Hatch/Liftback? Any help would be most welcome.

When I locate a Corolla model which I'd like to upgrade to, I'll be selling the AE82 either for parts or to someone who knows what they're doing to love and fix. I'll gladly post it in the appropriate place on this site. I'd like to see the Ole Girl go to a good home. :)

Thanking you in advance,

L.

Hi Rolla Boy,

Thanks for the info on the AE112 Liftback. Sounds like you've used the space wisely.

I'll investigate it further and see how much I can cram into it :)

I managed to move my whole flat minus the couch, bed, fridge and washer in my AE82 by using some clever Tetris-style packing techniques - all in only three trips. I figure the new one should be able to repeat the performance ;)

Cheers,

L.