ZRE HOT HATCH POTENTIAL + ZRE182..pg117

Hey tell us how you go about buying the skirts and front lip. I'm also currently looking to get some :).

As the previous poster mentioned, from Toyota. Spare parts is a good place to start for new parts.

So i've gotten a quote back from Le Mans Toyota Spare Parts in Footscray:

- MUDGUARD,SIDE $320 <-- this is what they supposedly refer to the side skirt as??

-> comes painted already, and price is for one side so double the price for both sides.

-> two side skirts = $640

- SPOILER, FRONT, $180

-> to get this painted approx $200, and price is also for one side so double the price for both sides.

-> two sides for the front spoiler, painted, approx = $560

*N.B. I don't know why the front lip comes in 2 pieces??

All up about 1.2k and these prices exclude installation.

Anyone know anywhere else I could source these from?

check the ebay section, theres a facelift being sold for parts, maybe you're lucky and the bumpers are still available.

- MUDGUARD,SIDE $320 <-- this is what they supposedly refer to the side skirt as??

-> comes painted already, and price is for one side so double the price for both sides.

- SPOILER, FRONT, $180

-> to get this painted approx $200, and price is also for one side so double the price for both sides.

lol nah don't trust that le mans in footscray. they are just rip offs. My best mate works there and he tells me how they jack up prices like crazy.

- SPOILER, FRONT, $180

lol nah don't trust that le mans in footscray. they are just rip offs. My best mate works there and he tells me how they jack up prices like crazy.

lol my mate has a couple of friends there so I got the prices through them - wondering if they'd be able to cut me a deal. Or do you reckon I could try Melb City Toyota, seeing as I just bought my car from them? lol. Either way, I think I'm gonna stick with just getting the lip first, and concentrate my moolah on new wheels and lowering :)

ah okay. yeah i've done my wheels and gotten myself some weather shields. next step is to lower, get my self some foggies and a nice kit :D

ah okay. yeah i've done my wheels and gotten myself some weather shields. next step is to lower, get my self some foggies and a nice kit :D

Nice nice - any pics? :D

Foggies are expensive (from the prices I've gotten from Le Mans Footscray)!

I got weathershields/visors coming too - $85 is a bargain (eventhough they're not genuine Toyota, they look really nice).

Thinking of getting these for my black rolla:

1283842725.jpg

(King Wheels, INTUNE Ice Black BLUE).

I reckon they look pretty sweet, but does anyone have any experience with this particular brand of wheels?

Edited by itsmehuey

• 2 weeks later...

Got to agree, that white facelift looks hot! Black one looks awesome also, looks like it's sponsoring "Monster" the energy drink? Or is it supposed to be claws? :P

Got to agree, that white facelift looks hot! Black one looks awesome also, looks like it's sponsoring "Monster" the energy drink? Or is it supposed to be claws? :P

Monster company car :clap:

76067d1e.jpg

@ Huey: I run king wheels KG-5 17x7 which are now powdercoated orange. They've lasted me almost 3years now, and i even track on them. I thought about getting those rims you've mentioned too, but i've decided next set will be Jap spec rims.. JDM or nothing.

Where can i get sponsorship? I'd like a sponsored TRD turbo kit from the GT Auris :P

@ Huey: I run king wheels KG-5 17x7 which are now powdercoated orange. They've lasted me almost 3years now, and i even track on them. I thought about getting those rims you've mentioned too, but i've decided next set will be Jap spec rims.. JDM or nothing.

Where can i get sponsorship? I'd like a sponsored TRD turbo kit from the GT Auris :P

Hey mate, have you got any photos of your ride on the KG-5's? Also, how much did they set you back?

Edited by itsmehuey

got a crazy quote for foglights for my rolla from Toyota Castle Hill - $750?!?! and that's just the parts.. damn i hope Mars Performacnce stock some aftermarket ones soon. But for now I've decided to get some Toyota Owners Club Australia HID's (6000k) installed on Wednesday morning ($200 for lows, highs, and parkers).

Edited by itsmehuey

got a crazy quote for foglights for my rolla from Toyota Castle Hill - $750?!?! and that's just the parts.. damn i hope Mars Performacnce stock some aftermarket ones soon. But for now I've decided to get some Toyota Owners Club Australia HID's (6000k) installed on Wednesday morning ($200 for lows, highs, and parkers).

Thats quite expensive for hid's.

I got mine for like 75.

that included 8k low beams and parkers.

Installation isn't that difficult. If you need ill just post some pics up on how you do it.

Thats quite expensive for hid's.

I got mine for like 75.

that included 8k low beams and parkers.

Installation isn't that difficult. If you need ill just post some pics up on how you do it.

yeah mine are $75 for the low beams and parkers, so I assume another $75 for the high beams and $52 for overall installation costs. I'm just lazy so I can't be bothered installing them myself.. and rather leave it to someone who knows what they're doing.

Also decided to jump to 8000k rather than 6000k.

Edit: actually... still trying to decide whether to go 6000 or 8000

Edited by itsmehuey

There's some seriously hot Corolla hatches here...

So if I want to mod my stock Ascent, where should I start? Rim? body kit? exhaust? Totally clueless newbie here.