YR12 grad LF work

Ascendant Rice

Unemployment levels in NSW are at an all time low, but in turn that means jobs have slowed down.

Delivery jobs are good, and can be very good money depending where and what you do.

If you can outlay funds to get your own run and work your a$s off you will be rolling in it, but big risks involved.

If i was you i would suggest furthering your education.

I didnt finish year 12 and some how got in to an IT job and have been here for 2 years. Its only now my boss is telling me to go tafe/uni, but its hard after working for 2 years with a nice income.

If it is a job you want then look at Seek and MyCareer. Search for "No Experience" jobs and you will end up in promtions/Marketing. Sh!t job but hey its work

Have you tried the various sites that are out there?

Do you have any idea on what you would like to do...possibly a recuirtment agency that could help you at?

Maybe even a traineeship (they only tend to be about 1 -2 years) or an appertiencship of some sort.

Just over a year ago i left my old work place with out finding a job. Using a recuirment company and applying on line i found a job within 2 weeks. The recuirment company and lined my up with interviews almost everyday. I would definitely go through one again, but just depends if there is one available for your line of work or what you want to get into.

EDIT: Also why not hop on line and apply and coles and woolies. Before finding the traineeship i did i worked at coles for two years, it was great when i was going to school and when i finished while i was working out what i wanted to do. Pay is actually pretty decent. Job is **** but i worked at the checkout and it taught me good customer service skills. They even made me a supervisior which meant i did nothing the whole time i was there.

Edited by Cappuccino

Have you tried the various sites that are out there?

Do you have any idea on what you would like to do...possibly a recuirtment agency that could help you at?

Maybe even a traineeship (they only tend to be about 1 -2 years) or an appertiencship of some sort.

Just over a year ago i left my old work place with out finding a job. Using a recuirment company and applying on line i found a job within 2 weeks. The recuirment company and lined my up with interviews almost everyday. I would definitely go through one again, but just depends if there is one available for your line of work or what you want to get into.

EDIT: Also why not hop on line and apply and coles and woolies. Before finding the traineeship i did i worked at coles for two years, it was great when i was going to school and when i finished while i was working out what i wanted to do. Pay is actually pretty decent. Job is **** but i worked at the checkout and it taught me good customer service skills. They even made me a supervisior which meant i did nothing the whole time i was there.

yeah ive applied for coles and woolies. go an email today from coles saying they might employ me at liquor land and omg!!! tommorow i got an interview at a toyota dealership for a trainee position :D

• 2 weeks later...

ya can add me to the unemployment line too.

after this term im out of a job, and i havent worked at my school long enough to garner enough holiday pay to last me until next term.

so far ive only applied for 1 job.. car park attendant.. lol!

good lord.. wheres an art teacher to work when schoolz out... ugh.

HAHA interview mode

2lcw86w.jpg

dont think ill get the commonwealth but :( i fkd up

Congrats ashy :D omg ashy you look amazing in that pic if i was the person interviewing you i woulda hired you on the spot ;)

heres me in interview mode

129908906a9510025595l.jpg

ya can add me to the unemployment line too.

after this term im out of a job, and i havent worked at my school long enough to garner enough holiday pay to last me until next term.

so far ive only applied for 1 job.. car park attendant.. lol!

good lord.. wheres an art teacher to work when schoolz out... ugh.

OMGG LOLS APPLY FOR MY SCHOOL !! the art teacher has already left, her kid came out too early (premature) and now theres no art teacher so i think if u can work straight away that would be a bonus !! :D:D:D plus ur asian like its good to have an asian teacher in a school filled with asians - means u can help translate when parent teacher interviews come because we got like 4 filos LOL

Sads tips for interviews (this is coming from the person who does the hiring and had had many gen X / Y's apply for jobs)

- dress well and get a haircut

- research the area you are going into

- don't be too cocky ! gen Y's do not know EVERYTHING!

- I am not interested in how many certification or tafe courses you have done. I want to know if you have put what you have learnt into real world experience.

- if you have had experience in an area i want to know who, what, when, were, why, result and how much !

- don't sound desperate for the job (even if you are)

- if you can afford to do it, employers look V highly on volunteer work !

- don't focus on the $ in the interview (esp the first one)

- we all had to start somewhere, you don't come out of uni and get 50K for doing nothing!

Now nearly all of my hiring has had a technical requirement for the job so some of these points will differ depending on the role you are going for.

I applied for about 10 places out of uni. Got interviews at about 5 of them and offers from 2. I am now on an alliance where one of the Engineering firms that didn't give me an offer is part of. Lets just say that the project manager, who happens to be from that firm, had a few words with his HR team as to why I didn't get an offer :lol:

But to the original poster, you need to be proactive in your job hunting. Just asking on the internet and telling people to contact you isn't a very good way to do things. You need to show the prospective employer why they should hire you. also keep in mind your straight out of school, so you have very little bargaining power. If you do bargain a higher pay remember they will expect you to do more for it.

But to the original poster, you need to be proactive in your job hunting. Just asking on the internet and telling people to contact you isn't a very good way to do things. You need to show the prospective employer why they should hire you. also keep in mind your straight out of school, so you have very little bargaining power. If you do bargain a higher pay remember they will expect you to do more for it.

Take Superdave's advice, he is clearly a smart man... Ive been watching this thread for a while to see if anything came of it.

2 other things that aren't so cool:

- your personal email address is not cool to give out. It doesn't look professional, and is not exactly safe to display where the whole of the internet can see.

I'd suggest getting yourself a surname.firstname@gmail.com type account.

- please check your spelling. I don't think there are any jobs in "syney"... let alone employers that will hire you if you are not thorough enough to correctly spell the city you live in.

Awesome, lets go back to trading photos of us getting dressed for work. :huh:

Edited by Leroy