Cusco Zero1 and Zero2 Whats the Diffrence?

Runx1.0

The Zero 1's don't have the adjustable shocks. They're height adjustable, but that's it. More than fine for the road. You're wasting your money on Zero 2's in my opinion if you don't actually 'use' them.

the last time i checked price diff of z1 and z2 was roughly 100 - 200 dollars.. so if you are spending close to 2g already.. doesnt harm to spend abit more..

imo anyway..

from memory the zero one, did not have a lower bracket height adjustment, therefore the only height adjustment is the shock stroke height, which if you want to be low, can compromise ride quality and performance, aswell as wear out the shocks quicker.

I previous had cuso zero 2's. I would not buy anything else if i owned a rolla.

Edited by Punk_200sx

The Zero 1's don't have the adjustable shocks. They're height adjustable, but that's it. More than fine for the road. You're wasting your money on Zero 2's in my opinion if you don't actually 'use' them.

In that frame of mind... a coil over is only a height adjustable Spring and Shocker combo... if your not going to continually adjust the height... why bother?

In that frame of mind... a coil over is only a height adjustable Spring and Shocker combo... if your not going to continually adjust the height... why bother?

Bridging out of the Zero 1 - 2 debate, that's where my mind always has been. I never bothered with coilovers personally. Even the Mazda is sitting on Bilstein HD's and springs, and I had a bucketload of coilover setups to pick from.

I think the price difference with the zero 1's and 2's will become vastly different very soon. There was the period where Zero 2's were a bargain, granted. The Zero 1's still have the same top end as the 2's, and they come with camber plates I'm sure (from looking at photos), so you may be able to justify spending the money on the 1's over that of a spring / shock combo with the existing housing for the sake of better turn in etc. MAP81 was running Zero 1's in his Levin, but he has moved on these days.

Also, you have to 'really' compress the spring in the rears of the Zero 1's to blow the shocks in a short period of time. They're rated appropriately anyway.

For the road I'd prefer a spring / shock combo over both setups, but that's just me.

i got zero1's they're awesome, im running -1 at the fronts.

U can convert the zero 1 to the zero2 by switching the damper.

Didn't know that, what spring rate are you running Gong?

7 front 5 back.. i forgot....

i have yet to test it at the track . On the streets, its really firm around the corners, but tooooo bumpy on parra road or liverpool road. Match the coilovers with soft tyres ( Azenis RT215 ) it becomes a instant handling machine. if u have ok tyres ( Michelin PRIMACY ), its constant understeer.

Also. Changing the ride height does not effect the spring rate or the dampaning rate.

The ZERO series units provide stainless steel lock nut and spring lower seats.

The ZERO-1 and ZERO-2 kits share the same size shock absorbers.

The ZERO-1 unit can easily and reasonably be transformed to a ZERO-2 set up by simply changing only the shocks.

Zero 1

An easy set up unit that is full adjustable and with ride height adjustments, provides a drastic change in your driving.

Recommended for drivers who...

has experienced the front slipping on bumpy turn-ins.

prefer your own setting for a reasonable price.

want lower ride height without loss in suspension stroke.

want to advance to adjustable rate units for a reasonable price.

Zero 2

The 5 stage adjustable ride height version of the ZERO-1 allows adjustment for all stages for performance and ride comfort. A stainless steel body unit.

Recommended for drivers who...

want tolower the ride height without sacrificing the stroke length.

want to enjoy various setting on road or track or weather conditions by adjusting the ride height, spring rate and pre-load setting to his heart's content.

want to try various tires from the production supplied to the S tires.

want to take the family or girl friend along on weekdays comfortably, but wants to challenge that pass or track on weekends.

The 5 stage adjustable shock absorbers for more fun driving

Stage 1 or 2 : for everyday city use

Stage 3 or 4 : for high grip radial tires

Stage 4 or 5 : for competition tires

Zero 2R

CUSCO's original oil through system.

Inverted 5 stage adjustable shock absorber with low friction provides excellent driving and quality comfort.

ZERO-2R is the top class equipment with...

Lower unladen weight and higher rigidity made possible by the inverted shocks used on many cars competing in the World Rally Championship and All Japan GT Championship.

Low friction allows a atable ride at any speed.

A ride comfort not realised in previous inverted type shock absorbers.

Oil circulation system allows a surprisingly low friction.

Shock absorber performance at maximum from walking speeds.

Edited by DuGong

i swear some of you would orgasm over zero 2's if you could. I also love the idea that coilovers are something special compared to a 'spring shock combo' fyi, a spring shock combo IS a coilover. Only difference is that your awesome coilovers are adjustable.

Also, cusco's are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to adjustable coilovers. There are many other brands that completely **** over anything people on this site use, but thats only because people here are cheap. Even more of a surprise, these better more expensive coilovers are completely australian made

a spring shock combo IS a coilover. Only difference is that your awesome coilovers are adjustable.

I will admit, I was tempted to use the correct terminology, but chose to use Fanboi terminology instead to ensure that I was understood. You are right though. Eg: If you don't have coilovers in your car, that means you have airbags, hyrdo's or leaf springs.

Even more of a surprise, these better more expensive coilovers are completely australian made

Not to mention free of the Australian dollar being worthless and not priced all that bad.

If anyone thinks the Aussie dollar will recover any time soon is deluding themselves, expect a 5 year wait.

i swear some of you would orgasm over zero 2's if you could. I also love the idea that coilovers are something special compared to a 'spring shock combo' fyi, a spring shock combo IS a coilover. Only difference is that your awesome coilovers are adjustable.

Also, cusco's are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to adjustable coilovers. There are many other brands that completely **** over anything people on this site use, but thats only because people here are cheap. Even more of a surprise, these better more expensive coilovers are completely australian made

any shocks you'd like to recommend mick?

any shocks you'd like to recommend mick?

There are three that come to mind as I type: KYB, Koni, Bilstein. I've never really looked into Pedders myself, but I can picture the reception on them not going down too well on here.

Even more of a surprise, these better more expensive coilovers are completely australian made

Not to mention free of the Australian dollar being worthless and not priced all that bad.

If anyone thinks the Aussie dollar will recover any time soon is deluding themselves, expect a 5 year wait.

Lets export them to Japan and the States :D