[WA] Toyota Owners Christmas Lunch BBQ - Sunday December 14th, 2008 - 12:30pm

CLG

ill come to this meet i think... ive been known not to miss to any meet... beheehhehe.... hmm.. i think ill pay the bbq on the day, is that ok Clint??

Nope - not accepting payments on the day sorry - I have no guarantee the extra food I'd have to buy will be covered by your attendance - hence the advanced payment. By all means feel free to pay in advance, and not turn up for whatever reason, but I'm protecting myself by having this in place, sorry.

Will PM you my bank details, or you're welcome to give me cash and any of the following localities:

Vic Park/Burswood area

Carlisle - Welshpool - Kewdale - Wattle Grove - Lesmurdie - Kalamunda

Curtin University

Rivervale - Ascot - Belmont - Bayswater - Bassendean

Last call for payments please people!?!

And again! If you've got plans to come down and want to eat, please forward me your $10 per adult payment as requested. I only plan to buy for those who've paid prior - if you want to come down and give me $10 on the day - I won't guarantee you'll get much more than a half eaten chicken wing and a couple of bread crumbs. I'll be buying most of the food this coming week, so this really is your last chance - at the moment it looks like there will be around 35-40 people attending.

Alternatively, if you can't stay for the ensuing BBQ, I'll be there at 12:30pm and hope to get through my official side of things by 1pm - you're also welcome to come down just to hear about the plans I'd like to put in place for the coming year, and give some feedback.

Finally, if you cant make it on the day, but would still like to be kept in the loop, please email me directly on limeglaze at hotmail dot com so I can add you to a mailing list I'm preparing, to keep everyone up to date.

Clint

BYO drinks. BYO food and/or bbq if you don't want to spring for the $10, which everyone is also welcome to do. I will more than likely buy a couple of 30pack softdrink cans for those who've paid the $10 too, but won't be suppyling drinks all afternoon.

I think I'll just stay to meet a couple of new faces and to chill with a few old ones :) I don't think I'll stay for a barbie though. i hope that's still cool..

OK, I'm off to buy goodies for 31 people. If time and my own finances permit, I may buy some extra for any people who haven't paid that would like to change their mind, blow ins, seagulls, ...., - if you'd like to be added to the list of 31, please call me on 0403 733 054 so I can confirm the amount extra I need to buy. Thera's also an additional 12-15 people who are coming down just for the social occasion that I know of, so should be a good day to catch up.

I had a word to the big man upstairs , and have organised some decent weather for the day - don't forget your sunscreens!

Ok, of the $310 I had available to spend, I've spent $299.15 thus far. This has enabled me to provide:

Marinated Chicken Wings

Beef Steaks

Beef Sausages

Garden Salad - vegetarian

Potato Salad - vege and non vege

Pasta Salad - vegetarian

Hard Boiled Eggs

Fruit Platter

Condiments

Spring Water - BYO cup!

Disposable goods

BBQ gas

I still have to buy bread rolls, and ice tomorrow morning, so for those who are willing, I'll be selling soft drink cans (Coca Cola, Coke Zero, Lemonade, Kole Beer, Pasito, Solo) for $1ea to cover costs. These drinks will be available to anyone down there - you are still welcome to bring your own drinks and food if you wish.

I'm also looking for a few volunteers tomorrow morning to help with setup - anyone willing to get down there, or over to my place in Lathlain a bit earlier to assist with this? I'm looking at setting up some shade tarps, given the forecast of fine weather and a 35 degree day - call me on 0403 733 054 if you can help?!

many thanks,

Clint.

My thanks to those of you who turned up and introduced yourselves to me.

I'll collate my info and send an email out wqithin the week - if you weren't there today, but would like a copy, please email me at limeglaze@hotmail.com, so I can add you to the address book?!

Clint

Thnaks to Jayme, Ray and Andy who turned up, not sure if anyone else from TOCAU turned up - lots of names and faces on the day sorry - if you did and I missed speaking to you, I apologise now!

Summary of event:

We had approximately 55 people turn up - those that came heard of my proposal to host a Toyota dedicated car show in Perth during Easter 2010, which would form the centrepiece of a week's worth of automotive, social, and sightseeing activites. I also spoke of the desire to start a non model specific, but all encompassing Toyota dedicated car club, with a focus on restoration preservation and modification, motorsport and social events, and all the requirements needed to offer CAMS affiliation for licenses, historical rego, information preservation, ..., basically anything to do with Toyotas.

I've started a mailing list to provide further information - if you are interested in finding out more, please email me directly on

limeglaze at hotmail dot com

so I can add you to that list.

Clint.

Edited by CLG