2008 Rugby League World Cup

TRDYUS

i honestly don't think anyone cared about this world cup cos it was supposed to be 1 sided. It seemed to take months to finish, and no one turned up to watch! What a waste of time lol.

But yes what a great upset hey.

And my opinion of Billy Slater drops yet another notch............and it was pretty low to begin with.

I hate the current crop of players who think that they have to provide miracles on every single play, and seem to be allergic to being tackled. They're arrogant, selfish individuals who don't think about the team, and what possibly might result from their actions (take Jarryd Hayne's pass in Origin, almost identical to Slater's). Sure, there was a chance that Billy's pass could have worked, but it was fairly obvious that it was unlikely, and that a try to NZ would almost certainly result if it didn't work. Taking the bloody tackle and let your team come back in support is a much better, and safer, idea.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

billy slater was not the only player who made a mistake and as a consequence the kiwis scored. there were multiple errors made with tries scored because of them. i dont think its right to put all the blame on slater. fair enough he did make a mistake and should have taken the tackle but just because his try costing mistake was towards the end of the game he cops flack about it? personally i dont think its right

billy slater was not the only player who made a mistake and as a consequence the kiwis scored. there were multiple errors made with tries scored because of them. i dont think its right to put all the blame on slater. fair enough he did make a mistake and should have taken the tackle but just because his try costing mistake was towards the end of the game he cops flack about it? personally i dont think its right

I'm not putting all the blame on him, but his mistake was the most obvious and possibly the costliest (apart from Monaghan's coat-hanger). And I also hate him, so I take every chance I can to raz on him.

billy slater

And I also hate him, so I take every chance I can to raz on him.

Here here.

Sure when he plays well he can be hot, just like Brent Tate. But also like Brent Tate he gives away as much as he gives.

But good on NZ for out playing us, there is only 1 game that counts.

billy slater

Here here.

Sure when he plays well he can be hot, just like Brent Tate. But also like Brent Tate he gives away as much as he gives.

I call Brent Tate "The Crab", because he seems to spend more time going sideways than forwards.

That, and "horse-face".

billy slater

Here here.

Not to mention his ***** line defence!This dude cant tackle and is just lucky to get the bounce sometimes.

Brett Stewart should have been there...oh and the golden boot to him pft! your kidding Slater needs to be dropped to reggies! lol