Front and Rear Parking Sensors not working

riquelme1

Hi guys,

Got my aurion touring back in May 08. Only problem is after a few weeks the front and rear parking sensors stopped working..so no beeping, no osd showing how close i am etc...

Dont know if i'd inadvertently turned it 'off' somehow or if its just a bug with the system that needs to be fixed by TOYOTA. Anyone know what I can try to fix the problem before i drive it back to the dealership?

Many thanks,

Hi guys,

Got my aurion touring back in May 08. Only problem is after a few weeks the front and rear parking sensors stopped working..so no beeping, no osd showing how close i am etc...

Dont know if i'd inadvertently turned it 'off' somehow or if its just a bug with the system that needs to be fixed by TOYOTA. Anyone know what I can try to fix the problem before i drive it back to the dealership?

Many thanks,

Not sure how it is with the touring but in my zr6 there's a little button to turn the parking sensors on and off which is located on the right hand side of your steering wheel next to the your window power move from memory.

post-3490-1228130969_thumb.jpg

Edited by JZA

Hi guys,

Many thanks,

Not sure how it is with the touring but in my zr6 there's a little button to turn the parking sensors on and off which is located on the right hand side of your steering wheel next to the your window power move from memory.

post-3490-1228130969_thumb.jpg

thanks mate ill give it a try first thing tomorrow morning!

it might also pay to check how clean they are. i've heard of a few people saying they don't work properly or are highly inaccurate because of a bit of polish left around it which throws out its coordinates, etc.

it easy to accidently push if you have been fiddling about in that area.

Thats what she said

:lol:

That button is only for the front sensors. The rears are controlled by the gear selector being in reverse.

When that button is off, both front and rears are off for me.

Thats what she said

That button is only for the front sensors. The rears are controlled by the gear selector being in reverse.

The same deal for me, once pressing the parking sensor button to off, both front and rears ceased to work.

Thats what she said

The same deal for me, once pressing the parking sensor button to off, both front and rears ceased to work.

I stand corrected. I just tried it in the garage and the park sensor button controls both front and rear.

Thats what she said

I stand corrected. I just tried it in the garage and the park sensor button controls both front and rear.

THANKS guys, ploblem solved!

Just a small point re the parking sensor switch. My wife drove my Aurion and inadvertently switched the sensors off; I rely on the sensors when reversing in the garage and almost hit the wall because they were off, now I always look to see if the green light above the sensor switch is on when about to trust the sensors.

I added the rear parking sensors to my SX6, which is fitted through the dealer.

Question: Is the genuine toyota rear sensor (for the sx6) the same as the ones found in the zr6? (i.e. it is displayed on the digital display on the odometer?) Mine is displayed on a little digital display on top of the rear view mirror.... ao have I been ripped off (i.e. pay for genuine toyota parts but got after-market parts instead?)

Oh, i remember the days when cars had to be parked with skill and guesswork.

"Use the force Luke..."

My rear parking sensor was made by Hayman Reese. It doesn't beep, is always on and sends the whole car into a shudder if i park to close :) What do they call that ? Oh thats right... Touch Parking Sensors.