FollowMe Navigation

Pete W

Greetings,

First of all, thank you for a brilliant resource, full of great information, for the prospective Kluger buyer. I've been reading regularly to learn about the Kluger and am now in a position to buy. At last!!

My question relates to the FollowMe Navigation system (with the removable Tom Tom GPS and optional Ipod connection) available on the KX-S. Has anyone gone down this path, and if so, what are impressions, shortcomings etc.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Pete.

Edited by Pete W

• 2 weeks later...
Greetings,

First of all, thank you for a brilliant resource, full of great information, for the prospective Kluger buyer. I've been reading regularly to learn about the Kluger and am now in a position to buy. At last!!

My question relates to the FollowMe Navigation system (with the removable Tom Tom GPS and optional Ipod connection) available on the KX-S. Has anyone gone down this path, and if so, what are impressions, shortcomings etc.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Pete.

iv'e fitted a few , mode switch on the steerting wheel control's wont work. and the head unit look's bloody 'orrible.

otherwise it's fine

As Rollavan said, the mode switch not working is a joke (nice one Toyota) and they are extremely ugly!!! They're a bit of a sh!t of a thing to operate too (big control knob is a bugger). Plus you risk the chance of retards smashing your window and removing the TomTom unit.

I'd suggest going down the aftermarket path - there's some nice units out there that will have plenty of functionality along with the ability to be controlled by the steering wheel buttons, and satnav of course. The Eclipse AVN6000 is a nice unit - it's similar to the ridiculously overpriced Toyota full screen satnav unit that's optional in the KX-S. Both Eclipse and Toyota units are made by Fujitsu Ten, but the Eclipse is a MUCH better unit than the Toyota one and cheaper. On top of that, it will plug straight in and you'll be able to utilise the steering wheel controls as well.

Thanks very much for the feedback. I actually managed to see one and wholeheartedly agree that it does look ugly, and the fitted Tom Tom is very much entry level. I won't be pursuing that one further.

Thanks again,

Pete.