Are they changing the spark plugs?

mayhewga

My Kluger is presently covered by the $150 Advantage service and I am under the impression that spark plugs are changed at each of these 10K services.

I am wondering how I can tell if this is happening, as it doesn't appear to be easy to tell, as I cannot even see the spark plugs, so I am thinking it would be easy for them to just skip that step, just like they skip rotating the tyres.

I suppose they could also skip changing the filters too. Years ago, garages used to leave a box in the boot with all the bits they had changed so you could see what they had done, but that curtesy seems to have gone the way of most nice things these days.

Your Kluger has the 2GR-FE right? They have the iridium spark plug in them and those last anywhere between 70,000 - 100,000km. Changing them at 10,000km intervals are pointless and a waste of money. Your service logbook will show the service intervals for them.

As for when it gets changed, without taking them out to check, all you have really is the service summary from the service department. You should make sure that everything that the logbook says should be checked/changed, does appear on that summary.

Thanks for that info DJKOR, I didn't realise the plugs had such a long life!

LOL... I think you RLY need to do some studying - read your warranty/service book, it will explain when items need replacing at what intervals.