rear spoiler drilling template

does anyone have the genuine toyota template sheet to drill the holes for the rear roof spoiler? i bought an aftermarket spoiler that is a copy of the original and pretty sure the genuine template holes align with them.

Also i have to drill holes near the hinges from the inside of the hatch to feed the screws to the spoiler (circled in the photo), is there a template for that aswell?

it would be great if there was a template so it can be done close to factory

post-8229-1228794966_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

Hi. Sorry to revive an old thread. I just bought a used Sportivo rear roof spoiler and I intend to mount it on my 2006 Corolla Ascent. However, I can not get myself to drill holes on the car. Can 3M automotive double sided tape solely do the trick? If drilling is necessary, can I possibly obtain a drilling template from any of the members? Cheers!

3M products are really good qualiy products but I would be doubtful if the spoiler would stick for long.

You would be surprised at the force that the spoiler has to take. I would definately go for the screw-down option.

thanks for the advice. as the screws (3 of them) are embedded in the spoiler and they protrude, it is not possible to place the spoiler flat on the roof and ascertain the exact location of the holes to be drilled. I welcome any suggestions. cheers.

the oem spoiler has more then 3 protrusions. i think 8 as there are plastic bits too. you'll have to drill 9 holes (including hole for brakelight wire) and some of the holes are not round but oblong. i had the drilling template but gave it away sorry.

• 1 month later...