Adding extra 12v outlets + neat and tidy

jaderd

Hey guys......quick easy DIY that many may have done already..........just got a navamn as Xmas present off boss and also have my varex connected, the one outlet is gay........also i wanted the navman wired in so that ppl cannot tell its there and wont smash my car for it......

Easy DIY all you need is a 2/3 port 12v extension outlet....can get anywhere for around 10-15$.

Only parts need to remove from car are

Gear Knob

Gear stick boot

and cigarette bin/bin

I have taken some pics of the finished product below....all you need to do is run the wires to the where you want them and the other end to normally ciggy point hidden under carpet or behind dash etc.

Once you have remove the above parts if you bend over and look toward firewall through the gap you have made you will see a horizontal flat piece of plastic about 15-18 cm across and 1.5cm wide.....its basically a support beam for the whole centre console and gear cover assembly that can slide out if you undo afew bolts in base of centre console....not necessary for this job.

basically all i did was zip tied the extra port adaptor around this beam so is secure.....then slid it as far left as possible so as when you put the gear boot cover and accompanying normal ciggy hole its wires have space to go etc.

The rest is easy, tidy up your wires of items and shorten then/ zip tie them, then grab the wire that belongs to the extension port and shorten that just leaving enough for it to be able to slide out between the gear boot cover and the bottom of the console bin and look neat......all done

Test all items to see that they work and ensure all secure

* im not responsible if things break/shortout or car catches on fire lol......should be fine nice easy neat mod and ppl then dont see wires and think lets smash windows to get navman.

- as for the Navman wire it goes from new outlet under dash and pops out in back of little flip compartment near drivers right knee etc............wires sits coiled there and also navman fits perfect, when i want it i just plug cord in clip on window and reclose compartment (closes well enough...wire keeps it open a small amount)

* remember always remove your GPS mount as basically its an invite for thieves.....and clean the window so can never see suction marks etc

Cheers hope helps some ppl

post-3050-1229760003_thumb.jpg

post-3050-1229760053_thumb.jpg

post-3050-1229760103_thumb.jpg

Edited by jaderd