any detailers in syd that do polyglaze?

Brad-dreama

im wondering if anyone knows of a detailer in Sydney that would polyglaze my car?

i got a quote from crystal glaze from my dealer for $1290 they do a inside and out detail + polyglaze the paint for better protection.

seems quite expensive so im thinking i might just get it done somewhere else.

Edited by Brad-dreama

Brad,

Whether you get paint protection from a dealer or detailer they are all pretty much the same. They usually offer 5 years warranty like I do but the warranty olnly covers the product.

If you do get it done and you read the fine print of the warranty it usually states that you have to clean the car with the specified car solution (which you have to purchase from them)at a minimum of every 2 weeks. Any tree sap, bird droppings, contaminants etc etc to be cleaned off straight away. You have to take it back for an inspection annually and if any panels are repaired or repainted then the whole car will need to be redone.

This basically makes it bullet proof for that there wont be any claims. If any of these things are voided then your warranty doesnt mean jack.

If you want your car to be protected and always looking good, you are best off investing money into some polish and a good sealant and applying it yourself every 3-6 months. This will guarantee maximum protection.

I would have mentioned this to you on the phone the other day but I was flying down the motorway :wacko: Sorry

Cheers

Dave

wow

with that kind of money, that would buy you a shizzle load of car care products, im talking about the rip off quote of $1200.

even if you invest in a moderate expensive car care/polish brand, $1200 would mean a world of wonders. i reckon the total bill for the WHOLE collection would top $500-$700 max.

do yourself and your wallet favour stick to polishes/waxes/sealants to do the main protection, not some spoofy paint protection system that has the sole purpose of ripping people off.

not saying that paint protection systems dont work, but the amount of trouble one has to go through and the amount of rules and regulations in the fine print just pi$$es me off.

however, theres always one question you can ask yourself, and that is;

What do professionals, car enthusiasts and people who own cars that are worth more than houses, use?

Answer:

Polishes/waxes/sealants - not paint protection systems with spoofy warranties.