Servicings

i reckon this would be a very helpful thread for people who have servicings are coming up. Like me :D

Anyways...

When did you guys do your 1,000km service?

(eg: 800km, 1,00km, exactly on 1,000km)

What 'extra' services did you choose?

(eg: rotate, balance, alignment, oil change, oil filter)

If you did choose any 'extra' services, how much did it cost ya?

at my 1000km free (1700 on mine) i did it @ Phil Gilbert in Lidcombe (near my work) also i got the oil change and filter, $52.00 :)

I'm coming up on the 10,000km service does anyone know the cost?

just checked the servicings..and all they do is check the brake stuff.

nothing else. :angry:

no oil change..nothing. :angry:

wow... :huh:

what about all the metal filings that the engine produces during running in? :(

hmm...i guess it stays in there until your 10,000km service.

anyways....i'll be doing my 5,000km service anyways..

once i reach 10,000km i will be putting synthetic (good stuff) oil. and then i won't be doing anymore 5,000km services after that.

takes so bloody long! <_<

I got my service done at 1000k's, cost me $52 bucks for oil and filter change. Next service at 5000k's cost me $110 for oil and service plus other stuff that had to be fixed. Next service at 10000k's is suppose to be $185, but ill change the oil and filter myself and take the car in at 15000 k's to get the stupid stamp saying it got serviced for future selling references. So technically i am servicing the car every 5000k' but only taking the car in to the garage every 10000. The beauty is we dont have timing belts to change as the cam's are chain driven hence the tractor sound of the engine when idiling. At 100,000k's they would have been fairly expensive to change i presume.

sharmz: it's the only one i got at the moment..i'll take a better picture without so much reflection and glare. Thanx though ;)

xhibita: You DO NOT have to service them every 5,000km. But if you're padantic and really really love your car..then you probably would.

By the book, only 10,000km is necessary.

I'll be doing the servicings every 5,000km.

I also do a balance, rotation and alignment every 5,000km.

this explains why my tyres have so much rubber compared to other people who never do the balance, rotation and alignment and i trashed it heaps too (this is my 2002 levin)

sure, it cost me a little bit..but my tires last ages..and it's piece of mind.

Dealer servicing is a COMPLETE !! RIP OFF !!!... Have a look at the Labour rate they charge for their Mechanics... Wish I could earn that sort of money...

There is no rocket science to changing your own oil... As Lucio said you can get the genuine 10/30w SG VVTi Oil and a filter for around $ 50...

Dont forget you guys have a High Performance engine so treat it as such... 5000k oil changes are a must !!! As for the 10k services... Find a good local guy... Stuff the bloody dealer...

Exec6speed: would you recommend synthetic at the first service (1,000km)

I've heard the dealers say that it's better to use synthetic AFTER 10,000km.

(i'll the one of those doing the 5,000km services anyways)

but...synthetic every 5,000km. a little costly, but..once again..peace of mind.

What do you guys think? Recommend?

hey guys,

Have been reading heaps on this forum and thanks for your info. It will help me to look out for things in my sportivo when i pick it up sometime this week.. (finally it has arrived..3 months wait)

so there isn't really much done at the 1000km service?? NO wonder it's free i guess..

Keep up the good work. It has been a good source of information! :D

Dealer servicing is a COMPLETE !! RIP OFF !!!... Have a look at the Labour rate they charge for their Mechanics... Wish I could earn that sort of money...

There is no rocket science to changing your own oil... As Lucio said you can get the genuine 10/30w SG VVTi Oil and a filter for around $ 50...

Dont forget you guys have a High Performance engine so treat it as such... 5000k oil changes are a must !!! As for the 10k services... Find a good local guy... Stuff the bloody dealer...

be that as it may man, its possible that certain ppl may need to go back to dealerships for service esp if it has to do with their warranty deal (or should i say extended warranty)terms and conditions yeah?