7A-FE

Justin

Hey all.

I got a ae112r with a 7afe. as everyone knows there the weakest coeolla engine there is.

Now i got a cracked piston. Before i go just rebuilding it, i woundered if there is anything that i can to to

A) Strengthen the bottom end

B) Get more power

Sick of watching sportivose fly passed lol

Anyone got any ideas??????

well by some simple googling there are after markets bits available here and their .... some wiseco stuff some carrillo stuff etc etc ..... so u do have options ..... someone correct me if im wrong but is re-building the best option for a 7a ? surely they are knocking around for nice an cheap these days ? maybe thats just 4a's .....

anyway if u want to compete with the land of the 2zz then mate unless ur gonna slap on a hair dryer or a s/c i dont think u'll ever get the 7a to compete ...... happy to be corrected.

even then u'd wanna b running more boost than the limited serious turbo sportivo corolla's were because they cant keep with a 2zz either.

last time i looked... I'm quite sure there are ARGO forged pistons available for the 7A-FE.

I'd think rather than rebuild just purchase a 7A from wreckers or 4A-GE 20v or to be different a 1ZZ-FE or 2ZZ-GE :D

last time i looked... I'm quite sure there are ARGO forged pistons available for the 7A-FE.

I'd think rather than rebuild just purchase a 7A from wreckers or 4A-GE 20v or to be different a 1ZZ-FE or 2ZZ-GE :D

Me brain says you're thinking of ARGO rods, not pistons....

And there's nothing wrong with a 7AFE (I should know, I drive one every day), everyone knocks them until they need the block for a 7AGE conversion.....they are competitive compared to 4AGEs, but obviously not to the ZZ series (but then again, neither are 4AGEs unless serious dollars are invested)

Me brain says you're thinking of ARGO rods, not pistons....

And there's nothing wrong with a 7AFE (I should know, I drive one every day), everyone knocks them until they need the block for a 7AGE conversion.....they are competitive compared to 4AGEs, but obviously not to the ZZ series (but then again, neither are 4AGEs unless serious dollars are invested)

kudos for the correction Hiro ;)

• 4 weeks later...

4agze half cut (you'll need the stronger box) and change to turbo setup as its easier to adjust boost with a turbo then it is with a s/c my 4age makes 252hp atw car only wieghs just over a tonne

Edited by robie

We have alot of guys here in trinidad hat swap the 4afe out for the 3sgte from the sw20 mr2 into the bug eye ae111. It apparently is not and easy job unless u know what u doin but stock for stock it leaves my ***** after 3rd gear. Just an option.