AAMI Insurance Change

FYI 25+ DRIVERS

--------------------

I got a phone call from AAMI the other day notifying me of their choice not to continue to insure my car. Due to the long list of mods (all of which are listed and covered)

This afternoon however I got a call from their branch manager who was VERY VERY apologetic. Apparently AAMI have changed the guidlines for the insurance of modified vehicles. It used to be that if you were over 25 yrs you were able to have a combined total of 4 modifications (mechanical/visual/ice)

Well I was politely informed that owners of modified vehicles and that are over 25 yrs of age are now allowed to have 'UNLIMITED' modifications done to the car!!!!! :D :D :D and still be covered (so long as it is not considered a 'unique' modification)

Unfortunaley the value of my car has decreased but I still also get an agreed value on all of my mods ;) and if the car is written off all mods are taken into consideration (as long as they are on policy)

So if anyone is looking for renewal soon and thinking of a change. then look up AAMI and have a chat to them ;)

Cheers

Craig

Edited by Danthuyer

cool i am with aami and over 25 and got a lot mods

did u have to pay extra?

nope no extra at all ;) i only had to pay a slightly higher premium this year as i made one at fault claim last year for when i pushed into a wall. but other than that...no increase at all :D

cool i am with aami and over 25 and got a lot mods

did u have to pay extra?

nope no extra at all ;) i only had to pay a slightly higher premium this year as i made one at fault claim last year for when i pushed into a wall. but other than that...no increase at all :D

maybe your next mod shoudl be reversing sensors (in both front and rear bumpers...) :)