Can a dent be salvaged?

teabie

Hello everyone,

Because of my supreme idiotness, I backed into a pillar and this was wot I inflicted on my Yaris.

DSC00010.jpg

Does anyone know if this can be repaired? Just bring it to a workshop? Can this be DIYed?

Thanks!

That doesnt look too bad. My mate is a smash repairer and he fixed up mine when some stupid woman in a VK commodore smashed into my rear. He told me what they do they is get a heat gun to soften up the bumper where the damage has been done, then they use a cork and mold to mold it back into its original shape then respray the whole bumper you wouldn't even know it was repaired mine is like new.

Thanks guys! I'll check out the link.

Wow Saiya, sorry to hear that. I don't think your mate will bother with a case like mine, but I'll be sure to keep him in mind for other situations!

it doesnt look that bad, but plastic parts are harder to repair than u think, cause once u start sanding them they expand and look like poo, plus repairer will charge u more cause they have to spend more hours making it look like new. its much more easy to just replace the bar and youll save money. this all depends on how bad it is, if its not to bad u can heat it up and push it out

Edited by spillige