Central Locking

fish475

Guys/Girls,

I've now had 3 random times were my central locking has self activated in the 14 months that I've had the Kluger II AWD KXR with 22,700k's up.

Once 6 months ago in my drive way in Wodonga and twice yesterday in succession whilst in the drive way at my parents house in Castlemaine.

On all occassions the keys were in the kitchen with no one else around and I was near the car and witnessed the single beep/flash activation. The spare set was in my boat which was not attached on all occassions.

The activation yesterday had me re enter the house and reopen it via pressing the keys whilst in the kitchen as the remote has good range. I heard the two beeps and put the keys back down on the kitchen bench. Walk outside to the car and as I got right beside it, she beeped/flashed once and locked itself.

After the first activation some 6 months ago, I've never left the keys in the car since, unless the window was down.

Has this occurred to any other forum members here.

Not a real problem yet, but I'm very alert to leaving the keys in the car now.

EDIT; O/Topic, remember all those dash rattle problems I posted about 6-7 months ago. I've not a rattle of any description since, touch wood. :)

Edited by fish475

I assume you know that if you unlock the car and don't open any doors within a certain time, the doors will lock again.

Not sure what he logic is but it's the same on my 2003 Corolla Conquest. Think it's about 20 seconds

I assume you know that if you unlock the car and don't open any doors within a certain time, the doors will lock again.

Not sure what he logic is but it's the same on my 2003 Corolla Conquest. Think it's about 20 seconds

It is so that you don't accidentally leave the car unlocked.

On some models there was only 1 button for lock/unlock. If you pressed it twice, the car could be unlocked without you knowing.

The same could happen if you preesed both buttons while the key is in you pocket.

The only problem with this is if the switches sensing the doors opening become faulty, the doors could lock even if you had opened the door.

This is not unique to Toyota. I have seen it on other brands.

my old ford LTD i used to own used to do it heaps.......especially in the heat as i figured the servos just go a bit crazy......it was funny in the old car as you would drive along and randomly one of the four doors would lock /unlock.....then the other.....then 3 together.....then one......then another two lol....funny as

Edited by jaderd

my old ford LTD i used to own used to do it heaps.......especially in the heat as i figured the servos just go a bit crazy
\

That's Ford for you. I remember my dad's friend's fairlane was like that too. I think all car companies should be outlawed except Toyota and Nissan.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Guys and Mikeyboy,

Never owned a vehicle before that would self lock and to be honest I've really not read the owners manual properly.

I'm just careful to never leave the keys in the car with the windows up.

By the way it has never self locked since the orig posting on the matter.

• 1 month later...
Thanks Guys and Mikeyboy,

Never owned a vehicle before that would self lock and to be honest I've really not read the owners manual properly.

I'm just careful to never leave the keys in the car with the windows up.

By the way it has never self locked since the orig posting on the matter.

in another thread it was stated that the kluger can be programmed so the doors automatically lock once you start driving off. can anyone confirm they have this feature working currently ? If YES was it there by default or did it have to be programmed in ?

thanks