injector cleaner @ service

sammy

hi all,

just organised for the kluger to go in for its 20K service next week and was asked by the service bloke if i wanted to carry out the injector cleaner service (extra $95).

i mentioned to him that i only ever run min 95RON, to which his reponse was (possibly a legit one) that carbon and other deposits build up regardless.

what do you clever boys and girls think?

$95 buys alot of injector cleaner from REPCO or autobarn

Cheers

I would pass on it. At the least, not for that price. I would just buy 2 x 275mL bottles of Fuel Doctor, do the initial shock treatment (add the full bottle to your petrol tank), then at every petrol fill afterwards, use 25mL. One bottle of Fuel Doctor will cost you about $15.

Fuel Doctor works towards cleaning out your tank and injectors, and the maintenance treatments every fill help keep everything clean and prevent it from getting dirty.

I had a girl ring me up from the dealership when the car was in for its 20'000Km service, telling me the same same thing!

I told her they are dreaming its only done 17'000Kms and it pulls like a freight train.........PASS!!!

I told her they are dreaming its only done 17'000Kms and it pulls like a freight train.........PASS!!!

Check the log book or service manual. It should say at what interval, if ever, the car requies a bloody injector clean. Probably never.