Stivo Newbie :)

Hey there fellow rolla/stivo enthusiasts,

Just thought I'd intro myself to the forum. Just bought Daz's white '05 stivo yesterday, damn she's a beaut. I use to own a 7th Gen Celica until it was totalled by some lady who refused to obey stop signs... experiencing the lift again really hit the spot :)

Would love to join you guys in the Syd rolla' meets. When and where do these happen?

I'm a bit of a photography and photoshop geek so hopefully I'll have some nice shots of the stivo up here soon.

Future projects on the rolla? --- sparco sports pedals, and some 17" light weight alloys (not sure which brand yet, any suggestions?), and a vvti controller.

Cheers guys,

Dave. :P

welcome man!

i wanted daz's car but it was a bit too much $$$$ for me hehe.

theres a syd meet next sunday! hope to see you there. check out the NSW meet threads.

id love to see the car in person.

btw what wheels do you have in mind?

im thinking of buddy clubs volks or lensos..... lensos for looks only though.

good luck!

stick with standard wheels and put money into better rubber.

whitestivo

nah mate ...... forget the standards ...... replace both stock rims & rubber for sumfin better :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: .... dunno y u would stick with the stockies ..... dont look that good and arent the lightest rims either

my thoughts for suitable replacements ..... but in the end it also depends on wat look ur going for

nengun-0000-02-raysengineering-g-games_-_77m.pngnengun-0000-02-raysengineering-gram_lights_-_r57gt.pngnengun-2092-02-yokohamawheeldesign-advan_racing_-_rgii.pngnengun-0985-00-raysengineering-volk_racing_te37.jpg

standards are 6.5kg, pretty light compared to most of the crap pushed by alloy sellers these days. some of the wheels in the picture are damnnn expensive.

better rubber is money well spent. i wish i had some right now, but money on other mods.

whitestivo

standards are 6.5kg, pretty light compared to most of the crap pushed by alloy sellers these days. some of the wheels in the picture are damnnn expensive.

6.5kg's ???????? :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: I think ur rims must breath in to look lighter before hitting the scales ;) ;) ;) ..... but the figures never lie ;)

based on the below u r atleast 2kg's off ...... no way would toyota spend the cash to put a 6.5kg rim on the car ...... pick up a sub 6kg rim with rubber vs a stock setup and u will notice the difference ..... and hey some think that 2kg's (and more like 3kg-4kg in some instances) is worth the extra cash ..... u get wat u pay for ......

Exhibit A

thanks to Dennis for the weigh in

stivo_rim_weight.jpg

Exhibit B

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...ost&p=75853

The stock Bridgstone Turanza's on the Spotivo weighs about 8.5kg.

Exhibit C

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=6401

Sportivo rim: 9.0kg

Sportivo tyre: 8.5kg

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Will definately be at the meet. Live only a couple of suburbs away so will be a sinch to get to.

I'd love to see what sorta mods you guys have done to your stivo's - perhaps get some ideas for my own.

One of my HID bulbs have burnt out! I'm not sure if it may be an electrical problem, I'll have to play around with the wiring... or might just take it to GT HID so they can have a look. Only had the car for a couple of days and there's already something wrong. hahaha at least it's not mechanical. I went to an autoparts store to ask for a quote to replace the bulb... he said $200! gawh.. might as well buy a new kit!

The stock wheels.. whilst good in its own right, just isn't doing it for me. A set of black or bronze rims would be nice. Any local resellers that you guys can recommend?

Welcome!!!!!!

Nice purchase!!

How about volk ce28n??

Thanks levinboy! I was actually looking at both the DC5R and stivo... But I believe I've made the right choice :)

These are definately at the top of my list! just need to find the right size and price...