Rim Selections

AUR30N

What do you guys think of these rims on a White Aurion

Azza

This is just my personal opinion Azza:

1st set: would look awesome on a white car, but have to be 20's. Anything smaller wouldn't look right. See examples of good ones on camry club thailand gallery, they have some white camrys with white rims, and they look the bomb.

2nd set: would look alright, and would suit the vehicle, as chrome does suit white cars .............but to someone that doesnt know the aurion, they would think the wheels came with the car, off the production line. IMO they wouldnt look that flash, definately not a turn any heads.

3rd set: seen them on SUV's and utes. They look good by themselves in the shop, but on vehicles they look crap. You would atleast need them to be 22's to have a effect.

4th set: Seen a similar set on a grey commy here at work and they looked aright. Not sure about a white vehicle. The concave with the rounded lip would set them off whilst driving. But unfortunately whilst standing still, i reckon they would look a bit empty - too much gap in the rim, which makes the wheel look small.

Overall If it was me, I would get a set of 20's in the first one. They would look sic. TS20 - tint the crap out of your windows and it would look mean as. I dont think anyone has colour coded wheels to suit their car. Gotta be 20s though.

Edited by BONDIE

What do you guys think of these rims on a White Aurion

Azza

This is just my personal opinion Azza:

1st set: would look awesome on a white car, but have to be 20's. Anything smaller wouldn't look right. See examples of good ones on camry club thailand gallery, they have some white camrys with white rims, and they look the bomb.

2nd set: would look alright, and would suit the vehicle, as chrome does suit white cars .............but to someone that doesnt know the aurion, they would think the wheels came with the car, off the production line. IMO they wouldnt look that flash, definately not a head turner.

3rd set: seen them on SUV's and utes. They look good by themselves in the shop, but on vehicles they look crap. You would atleast need them to be 22's to have a effect.

4th set: Seen a similar set on a grey commy and they looked aright. Not sure about a white vehicle. The concave would set them off whilst driving. But whilst standing still, i reckon they would look a bit empty - too much gap, which makes the wheel look small.

Overall If it was me, I would get a set of 20's in the first one. They would look sic. TS20 - tint the crap out of your windows and it would look mean as. I dont think anyone has colour coded wheels to suit their car. Gotta be 20s though.

Would 19 scrub my guards when full load ? i know trd came out with them also few more rims considering

my car has very dark tint

I just recieved my aurion sports grill today and my roof spoiler lip and boot lip with my trd side skirts just need to decide on front and rear lips now...

post-11810-1234317723_thumb.jpg

post-11810-1234317754_thumb.jpg

post-11810-1234317925_thumb.jpg

Edited by Azza73

Wow!! Nice Tint! Vry Ninja!

With ur dark tint, go with black rims. Since ur car is white, definitely will suit.

Chrome blink2 rims dont suit white cars... Personally, It'll not go anywhere..

Dpending on the offset and stuff, 19s might or might not scrub, but they tend not to scrub since they're 19s. Never heard any1 had scrubs on 19s thou. But why 19s? Go with 20s!! :toast:

They do scrub a bit, but i think a bit of camber will solve the problem

Edited by VF-X

Would 19 scrub my guards when full load ? i know trd came out with them also few more rims considering

my car has very dark tint

Naaaa dude, my ATX has 20's (30 tire profile) and is lowered with pedders, and it doesnt scrub. But if i have a full load (5 people) it will scrub in the back a bit. But with me and the misses its fine.

or

You can leave it the orginal height and not lower it, have 20's and you could load your car up with 5 fat hefa's and it wouldnt scrub.

or

You could go 19's and lower it and it definately wouldnt scrub. But i wouldnt go any smaller than 19's. IMO there is no use getting new rims if they are not 19's or bigger.

A inch doesnt seem like much, but the apperance makes a hell of a difference. Look at the difference between 20" and 22", 2inches = roughly 4.6 cm., doesnt seem like much but looks extremely different.

If you are planning on going 19's, the more flat surface you have the bigger it will look. And if it has more concave than dish, this will make the rim appear bigger.

Dont mind those 5 spoke ones with the white inside you posted just then...would look good but you'd need to keep them clean all the time cos brake dust will never go away.

I just recieved my aurion sports grill today and my roof spoiler lip and boot lip with my trd side skirts just need to decide on front and rear lips now...

Which grill did ya get, the black sports grill or the chrome one.

Decided what Iam going for now 19inch in this style of rim

Yeah man they should look good. They have a nice little lip on them. Id keep your fog light blank bezels in though. Dont upgrade to foglights. The blank black bezel will set it off nice, with a good mixure of the black with the white on ya beast.

When ya getting your wheels.

• 3 months later...