Old wax container

ToyotaFreak

While cleaning up the house, I found a very old container of Turtle Wax (Bought in 2005 if I'm not mistaken.), container is pretty dusty on the outside, but the cap is tightly sealed (Not sure if there's a sponge inside or if the contents inside are still good.).

Is it still safe to use wax that is unused for quite a while, or should I just chuck it into the trash can?

Thanks,

TF

The above advice probably isn't bad. I can't think of any reason why the wax wouldn't still be effective, much less damage your paint (I'm a chemist). If you are keen though, I'd suggest heating the bottle in a tub of hot water to make the contents warm before giving it a really good shake.

The above advice probably isn't bad. I can't think of any reason why the wax wouldn't still be effective, much less damage your paint (I'm a chemist). If you are keen though, I'd suggest heating the bottle in a tub of hot water to make the contents warm before giving it a really good shake.

Hmmm.... I think I will do that & test it on a small part of the body.

Thanks for the advice.

It would probably be ok as long as no air as got to it

but i would get a better quality wax. P21S canuba wax rocks!!

yes it works g8, however on a bonnet 50/50 comparison meguiar's nxt tech 2.0 wax came out stronger in terms of darker, glossy-er and shiny-er. no joke.

on another bonnet there was another bonnet 50/50 comparison between p21s and meguiar's yellow tech wax, and meguiar's again came out roughly 2shades better.

this is reliable & dependant upon your eyes and your detailing technique, though both we given no biased treatment. nxt tech 2.0 is a synthetic wax and yet it still managed better results than a product twice the price.

just what i found with my experience.

trying to track the name of a wax my friend recommend, it was aircraft wax, i Cannot remember the name. I will find out

Apparently it is glossy of all glossy waxes. He used to enter detailing shows and he used to win many awards.