remote starter for Aurion

jk23

I'm not aware of anyone here that has gone that route yet. If you do you are going to have to get a bypass kit to override the factory immobiliser. For the Aurion though, there is no real need for a remote starter since it is fairly quick to warm up and the AC/heater kicks in pretty quick.

auto start are simply as... i have them for both my cars..

pros? great in summer when the weather is hot; great for winter when you need to warm up the car when u wanna save some time sitting inside.. waiting..

cons? yes, you actually downgrade your alarm system, simply bcoz u gotta put the chip thingy near the ignition.. which bla and bla (not gonna explain much in detail) equals poor protection for your car. Yes, that is when insurance is important for u, coz when stolen ... ... ... (fill in da blank)

cost for alarm system with autostart these days cost around $100-$200. installation another $270-500 depending on how much they wanna charge u for it..

Worth it or not? It depends on what u want.. If i fuking wan a turbo and u giv me a supercharger, i feel sad, but u might be happy with te supercharger~ (stupid explaination :ph34r: )

u can actually keep both original and aftermarket working at same time, even with the same remote that u get from toyota. but it still depend if u hv a spare button or wat..

best? call some installer up, then buy the alarm off ebay.. total cost around $400 would be good~

too much money to spend? go to any shop(automotive related), like autobarn.. then ask them to fit on it.. ask them for top of the range(which i think there isnt much different...) and charging u premium for installation~

i can only see an incident like that happening with a manual car being left in gear while the remote starter is used. with an auto, the car won't start if the trasmission is in any driving gear. so for an auto i think you'll be pretty safe in that respect.

too bad if the car was in the street and the tried to start it. i'd hate to see my car drive off without me in it, lol.

OUch! I dont see why it isnt possible to wire it to the electronic starter that is present in the presara.

The remote starter itself is very simple to install in any car. The only thing that makes it hard on the Aurion and other new cars is trying to get around the immobiliser. There is a bypass kit though that is made to do just that though.

As for that accident, it's accidents like that which lead to mods like these becoming illegal.

i dont even think car nowadays can start without putting the gear in N (manual) or P (auto).. it got to be an older car.. and if the person is THAT stupid NOT to put his/her gear into N or P, then dont get one.. simple as..

speed kills, then dont drive? <_<

i dont even think car nowadays can start without putting the gear in N (manual) or P (auto).. it got to be an older car.. and if the person is THAT stupid NOT to put his/her gear into N or P, then dont get one.. simple as..

speed kills, then dont drive? <_<

lol~ indeed~ :_)