taking delivery - last minute to do's

dissin

If you don't want it to beep everytime you lock or unlock the car then that can be turned off.

You Probably also want the auto headlight settings adjusted as some users have commented that they tend to be too sensitive (See Auto headlights setting ).

Finally get them to adjust the tyre pressure as they can be overinflated from the factory (See Tyre pressure).

There are a number of electronic customisation that can be made and a list is available from http://mojavetrail.webng.com/CustomParameters.pdf but I believe this is an extract from the US Highlander manual as the default parameters don't quite match the way my vehicle behaves.

Edited by Kesawi

If you don't want it to beep everytime you lock or unlock the car then that can be turned off.

You Probably also want the auto headlight settings adjusted as some users have commented that they tend to be too sensitive (See Auto headlights setting ).

Finally get them to adjust the tyre pressure as they can be overinflated from the factory (See Tyre pressure).

There are a number of electronic customisation that can be made and a list is available from http://mojavetrail.webng.com/CustomParameters.pdf but I believe this is an extract from the US Highlander manual as the default parameters don't quite match the way my vehicle behaves.

thanks for that, i will check it all out

btw - does the kluger doors lock automatically once you start driving ? good safety feature especially here in sydney

Edited by dissin

thats for that, i will check it all out

btw - does the kluger doors lock automatically once you start driving ? good safety feature especially here in sydney

Not from factory,but it can be programed..............

Mine doesn't but according to the customisations in the manual it can. Ask your dealer to set it up.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Been lurking around here since I got my Kluger KXR, this is my first post. :-)

Just sent my Kluger in for 1000km inspection today. Asked for the central locking to be set to autolock when driving off or hitting 20kmh but was told that that's not available for Australian Klugers. The servce advisor gave me some story about it's not allowed in Australia cos if you are involved in an accident, your doors are locked, and that may make it harder to rescue you... (??) He also told me that European models have this feature because they have an additional module in the Kluger that will unlock the doors in the event of a crash.

Can anyone confirm whether they have actually been able to program their central locking to autolock when driving off?

Thanks!

Mine doesn't but according to the customisations in the manual it can. Ask your dealer to set it up.

Can anyone confirm whether they have actually been able to program their central locking to autolock when driving off?

Welcome to the forum. I haven't had the feature enabled, but I remember reading or seeing a video somewhere that explained that the doors will unlock if the airbags are deployed or the car is in an accident. Can't remember where though.

The owner's manual lists all the options the dealer can modify. I'll have a look for the option the next time I get in the car. I'm pretty sure Lexus's have this option on by default so I don't understandy why it would be not allowed in Australia.

The owner's manual lists all the options the dealer can modify. I'll have a look for the option the next time I get in the car. I'm pretty sure Lexus's have this option on by default so I don't understandy why it would be not allowed in Australia.

If that's the case, then it's definitely not available for the Australian Kluger then, since it's not in the owner's manual. :-(

Hi guys,

Been lurking around here since I got my Kluger KXR, this is my first post. :-)

Just sent my Kluger in for 1000km inspection today. Asked for the central locking to be set to autolock when driving off or hitting 20kmh but was told that that's not available for Australian Klugers. The servce advisor gave me some story about it's not allowed in Australia cos if you are involved in an accident, your doors are locked, and that may make it harder to rescue you... (??) He also told me that European models have this feature because they have an additional module in the Kluger that will unlock the doors in the event of a crash.

Thanks!

Kluger/Highlander isn't sold in Europe, so I don't know what your service adviser was talking about.

• 2 weeks later...

took delivery of the freddie, and they programmed the sunroof opening/closing via remote.

as for the auto locking of the doors, i requested it, but it wasnt done. i looked in the manual that i received with the car, and there is no mention of this being able to be customised

im thinking of getting the beeping sounds disabled when using the power tail gate. in the supermarket car park, people think its a truck reversing or something as its quite loud (the audible beeping when tail gate is opening or closing)

overall EXTREMELY happy with the 2WD grande

fuel consumption is only marginally more than our existing bmw sedan, but we get much more benefit from the huge space available to passengers and cargo (had to transport a washing machine last week, sinch! )

Edited by dissin