TINT - Advice from fellow members!

Whip Cracker

Hey people, just thought I'd post this off Auscam to see what my fellow TOCAU members say :)

I'm gonna get new tint on the car within the next week or so... Just wondering on people's thoughts on the best combination on what I should get.

So far I've called two places...

Kawana Tinting - $330 to remove old tint and place new tint - Lifetime warranty using "Suntech" branded stuff, using 35% on the front and whatever else on the rear and back windows.

Tint A Car, Currimundi - $350 to remove old tint and place new tint - Midnight Express - 25 year warranty using "Luma" or thereabouts. Darkest legal tint... it's normally a 35% tint with black dye placed through to make it that bit more darker.

FYI - Qld Law is that ALL windows have to be the darkest at 35% (T35), doesn't matter if it's the rear or back window, they're all meant to be 35%... thought that was interesting considering the last bloke I talked to said it was legal for darker tint on the rear windows... Wasn't gonna argue with a reputable Tint A Car dealer on the coast here...

What's everyone's opinions?

Cheers in advance,

Shannon

i had my old tint stripped and put in new tint i had warranty issues .

they tried to blame it on having tint before .

So my suggestion is tread carefully if getting your car retinted as warranty is non existing especially if they are stripping old tint and putting on the new.

not nessasarily true.

i work for tint a car five dock and once we have the tint off. the new tint is covered by warrenty.

we are franchises so every store has diff rules. what was your warrenty issue might i ask???

the issues i had with my old tint before replacing it a included hairline marks small bubbles and rough cutting as well as gaps on all windows including rear. was told this was due to them having replaced tint with new darker tint. and glue could not be removed.

the issues i had with my old tint before replacing it a included hairline marks small bubbles and rough cutting as well as gaps on all windows including rear. was told this was due to them having replaced tint with new darker tint. and glue could not be removed.

The other guy's right - each franchise is different. You get good, you get bad. What you CAN do is advise the company that did you car that you're taking the matter to Consumer Affairs and that you'll get a 2nd opinion from another reputable tint place in the area in writing to submit with the matter as well. I know someone that did this and the tint place redid his whole car correctly after that.

So... had anyone else got any advice on tint? I'm gonna call a couple of other places here on the Sunshine Coast before I go any further.