Minor / Major engine problems in 04 sportivo

Ive recently just started having problems in my sportivo but dont know whats it is or whats happening.

It happens in cold and a warm engine.

Driving normally in 1st gear then change to 2nd - no problem

2nd gear bogs down at around 3000 - 5000 RPM - like it doesnt let me accelerate even though i got my foot flat out it jumps like when changing gears

ANY1 GOT ANY IDEAS ?

REALLY ****TING MYSELF WHEN THIS HAPPENS

Ive recently just started having problems in my sportivo but dont know whats it is or whats happening.

2nd gear bogs down at around 3000 - 5000 RPM - like it doesnt let me accelerate even though i got my foot flat out it jumps like when changing gears

ANY1 GOT ANY IDEAS ?

I retract my previous statement,

i wasn't thinking right...

The best idea to see how to get it fixed/what's wrong with the car is take it to the Dealer and see if they can diagnose the problem.

Evo

Edited by Evo7

advice, don't try to hit LIFT until the car has reached optimum running temperature, that will fix your problem.

apparently if you try to hit lift when the engine is cold or warm, VVTL-i won't be able to do its thing, until your car is all warmed up, then just LIFT to your heart's content :P

So no going it as soon as its been running for 5 minutes.

Anyone care to add?

Evo

I dont think it has anything to do with lift as he says the bogging down happens around 3000-5000rpm.. way before lift kicks in, and it happens even when the engines warm?

Doesnt sound like something common.. just wait around for a bit and surely someone can help you out.

Check your oil first.

Please explain further.. only in second gear?

any problems in similar rev range throughout the rest of the gears?

Is lift engaging properly, not chugging or gasping?

in 2nd gear, below 3000rpm does it start off responsive.. go slow throughout 3k to 5k then continue to redline?

Check your oil first.

Please explain further.. only in second gear?

any problems in similar rev range throughout the rest of the gears?

Is lift engaging properly, not chugging or gasping?

in 2nd gear, below 3000rpm does it start off responsive.. go slow throughout 3k to 5k then continue to redline?

Oil is fine

I've noticed that it happens from 2nd gear right till 5th gear. I'm trying not hit lift but lift is fine

But the whole engine chugs and doesn't let me accelerate betweens those revs. It takes off fine until 2nd gear onwards

And another thing i've noticed I rev the car in idle and does not red line at all. Stops between 6500-7300

ANY1 GOT ANY IDEAS ?

advice, don't try to hit LIFT until the car has reached optimum running temperature, that will fix your problem.

apparently if you try to hit lift when the engine is cold or warm, VVTL-i won't be able to do its thing, until your car is all warmed up, then just LIFT to your heart's content :P

So no going it as soon as its been running for 5 minutes.

Anyone care to add?

Evo

I never hit lift when it's cold. Only always at the right temp like 10 - 15 minutes after it's cold

And it's got nothing to do with lift it's within the low end rpm

anyone care to help in sydney? I live in liverpool area?

may i suggest changing the maf then see it if still plays up? if it still does, could most likely be the computer. if u are able to get onhold of another stivo ecu try it and see it it still happens...

btw have you done any mods to your car?

may i suggest changing the maf then see it if still plays up? if it still does, could most likely be the computer. if u are able to get onhold of another stivo ecu try it and see it it still happens...

Do ya mean the map ? If I knew how to I would

I've only got a trd short shifter and a straight pipe off Steven ( kaze )

Could it be my clutch it's pretty worn. Hard to get into 2nd after lift

Do ya mean the map ? If I knew how to I would

I've only got a trd short shifter and a straight pipe off Steven ( kaze )

Could it be my clutch it's pretty worn. Hard to get into 2nd after lift

my bad map...

not map .... MAF .....

suggestion

1) clean the MAF sensor (be very careful doing this - a nice $400 purchase awaits u if the MAF is the issue)

2) reset the ECU

see how it drives

not map .... MAF .....

suggestion

1) clean the MAF sensor (be very careful doing this - a nice $400 purchase awaits u if the MAF is the issue)

2) reset the ECU

see how it drives

Is the MAF sensor next to the air flow meter? and how do I clean it ?

Thanks for every1s help

The MAF sensor is the air flow meter, hence its name MassAir Flow sensor. My answer would be pretty basic in that you just remove the MAF and spray it clean with contact cleaner or MAF sensor cleaner, then let it dry and put it back in. However for a more in depth talk about it, there is some advice over in the thread 'cleaning MAF Sensor'.

Take the MAFS out and be very careful with it as they cost a lot and break easily. Take the rubber o-ring off. When you look at it you will see a match stick like part, that isn't the MAFS thats the intake temp sensor and you can clean that too if you want. But if you look into the unit you will see a couple of metal strips, that is what your needing to be cleaned. There are many different products to clean it with and I have never had an issue with just pouring some metho in there and letting it soak for 10 minutes, pour it out and let it air dry before reinstalling. I also get a cotton bud and gently clean the intake temp sensor. I don't know how strong the MAFS is but I wouldn't be trying to physically clean it with something. I think other people use contact or brake cleaner too.

The MAF sensor is the air flow meter, hence its name MassAir Flow sensor. My answer would be pretty basic in that you just remove the MAF and spray it clean with contact cleaner or MAF sensor cleaner, then let it dry and put it back in. However for a more in depth talk about it, there is some advice over in the thread 'cleaning MAF Sensor'.

Take the MAFS out and be very careful with it as they cost a lot and break easily. Take the rubber o-ring off. When you look at it you will see a match stick like part, that isn't the MAFS thats the intake temp sensor and you can clean that too if you want. But if you look into the unit you will see a couple of metal strips, that is what your needing to be cleaned. There are many different products to clean it with and I have never had an issue with just pouring some metho in there and letting it soak for 10 minutes, pour it out and let it air dry before reinstalling. I also get a cotton bud and gently clean the intake temp sensor. I don't know how strong the MAFS is but I wouldn't be trying to physically clean it with something. I think other people use contact or brake cleaner too.

ok ill give that a try tomoro thanks guys