Power seat

czaja74

I have a 2004 Toyota Camry and have problem with driver power seat. The back rest of the seat tilts back ok however when tilting forward it doesnt go all the way forward. While it tilts forward it seems that one side of the back rest moves quicker. If someone could post a link to the seat assembly or give me a suggestion how to fix it it will be great.

with power seats, the back rest isn't designed to tilt all the way forward. from a side on view of the seat, the maximum angle it will tilt forward is around 30 degrees or so, and not any more.

as for one side moving faster than the other, it's your imagination. on the right hand underside of the seat, there's the power seat reclining motor. from this motor rotates a track that rotates inside sockets on the left and right side of the seats subframe, where the back rest mount attaches. if there were 2 motors running the reclining function of the seat, then it's possible one side moves faster than the other. however, there's only one motor running the back rest so your seat is running ok.

Edited by lateralus

I had a look again and it seems that side closer to the door is pulling a bit faster. It really feels unconfortable to drive. I will try to have a look myself tho I have no idea :rolleyes:

If anyone has any shematics it will be very helpful.

I had a look again and it seems that side closer to the door is pulling a bit faster. It really feels unconfortable to drive. I will try to have a look myself tho I have no idea :rolleyes:

If anyone has any shematics it will be very helpful.

then try using a little bit of grease of the opposite side of the roller. obviously theres some sort of excess friction on the roller somewhere thats slowing the other side down.