Thegourou20 2005 Blue Facelift

thegourou20

Hello Everyone,

It has been a few months now since I bought a 2005 facelift corolla sportivo after my 2002 white conquest has been declared as an uneconomical repair. Since I joined this forum, I must admit I am addicted in modding my car. :-( It has become one of my favorite hobby (along with soccer). :) Anyways, before going into more details, I have attached some pics of the car before anything is added or even is going to be added to it. Hopefully, I will be able to share the problems and experiences I will have to go through with all of yous. ;) Enjoy the journey! =-]

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice......im almost keen to rip off the 2$ contact eyelids ive had for 2 years and go back to full lights for a bit :)

PS - we are a rare breed - blue facelift sportivos...ive only seen mine yours and one other

Edited by jaderd

yeah,

mate your car looks mint B)

can't wait to see what you do with her :P

Evo

Here is the list of mods I have in mind for my car at the moment:

1. The inevitable door sills - done

2. 6000k HID low beams - done

3. Gear shifter bushing kit- done

4. CES CAI- should be in this weekend

5. TRD Sway Bar - On its way

6. Full Exhaust System - In a couple of weeks time. I really like the sound and fancyness of the varex. But I like the twinloop as well. So still undecided.

7. Ported Headers - Will be done when I will do the exhaust. Hopefully BKS will lend me his spare one. :P lol

8. Greddy Piggyback - Already have it but I want to put some mods on before chucking it on and have a "pre-liminary" tune

9. Sandblast and Powder Coat Wheels & Lower Car on King Springs - I am thinking about choosing gun metal grey as the colour

10. Well that's enough to keep me busy for a while

...To Be Continued

looks good mate. Great meeting you the other night too...

hope that Gear Shifter bushing Kits working out for you ;)

They work a treat Andy. Was great meeting you too. Hopefully next time we meet the CAI and exhaust will be in. :-D LoL I felt naked compared to your car. >_<

Nice meeting ya the other time :) Great car you have there!

Thanks Alex. Same here. Sad to hear about your sale :'( Hope you keep in touch.

nice ride!! looks exactly like the one my sister sold!! :o

hope you enjoy it, its a really good ride! once you completed your mods, maybe we can go for a race :) i ended up getting my bike yamaha r6 hehe

• 2 weeks later...

Btw CES CAI went in last week guys....Fitted it in myself and it took me 5hrs! :( Did not have the proper tools of course! :( I will include pics soon. :)

I must say there is a noticeable change in the car. It feels more agressive at high revs and once you hit lift...oh god...it's like Toyota's Anthem is on! haha

Hopefully I will make my mind regarding the exhaust this week.

nice ride!! looks exactly like the one my sister sold!! :o

hope you enjoy it, its a really good ride! once you completed your mods, maybe we can go for a race :) i ended up getting my bike yamaha r6 hehe

Hmmmm....You mean race your camry? :D Sounds Good To Me....Not The Bike Though...No Chance...haha :-/

Hello Ladies And Gents,

Here are some photos of the mods so far:

1. The Door Sills (drivers side)

IMG_0282.jpg

I chose to slice the wire and use electrical tape. It is so much easier than cutting the wires and soldering it. :)

2. HID 6000k (low beam)

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

3. CES Cold Air Intake I

Engine Bay Before:

IMG_0271.jpg

Bits & Pieces Of The CES CAI:

IMG_0268.jpg

Engine Bay After:

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

Not too hard to install. If I manage to do it without instructions and limited tools, it means everyone can do it. :)

Thanks Evo. :)

Pfff Guni...LoL

I Got Some Blue Vision Bulbs To Take Change The OEM Bulbs Of The Fogs And I Will Put It In Hopefully During The Weekend And Btw Guys, The Varex Is On Its Way! :D 3-4 Weeks Lead Time Though But It's On Guan! :) hehehe

The Varex Is On Its Way! :D 3-4 Weeks Lead Time Though But It's On Guan! :) hehehe

Yippie f@rking kah yeh!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You da man!!!

I'm loving mine day by day .......

I Got Some Blue Vision Bulbs To Take Change The OEM Bulbs Of The Fogs And I Will Put It In Hopefully During The Weekend And Btw Guys, The Varex Is On Its Way! :D 3-4 Weeks Lead Time Though But It's On Guan! :) hehehe

haha Varex FTW!!! :yahoo: instead of keeping us waiting, put those new foggie light bulbs in and take some happy snaps :P

Not everyone is an engineer

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Sorry :rolleyes:

i can't wait to see the new exhaust... speaking of which, that reminds me... ;)

Evo

Edited by Evo7

hey dude!

ur cars turning out nice!

how much u paying for the varex and where did u get it from if u dont mind me asking!

was looking at getting one!

Edited by TOYTRD

Thanks Peter :)

Here is the cost breakdown for the varex:

Varex: $385.00

TNT Road Express (TNT Rates): $27.77

GST 10.0%: $37.52

Total: $412.77

I got it off best mufflers just like how BKS, jaderd and may be Guan as well. :D I have been shopping around like rang around local distributors and tried ebay path as well and I could not get any cheaper than that. :)

Hey Andy....Once I Get It On....I Will Try And Get The Car Tune With The Piggy Back w Cihan! :D Cant Wait To See The Results

Btw Are You Still Up In Letting Me Borrow Your Spare Headers? :-l

ha, reread, i can see why you thought that, as I would think that

but no, evan will get slapped for forgetting something

I'm not hijacking this thread, I'm too old for that sht. BKS we had a good discussion already.

whitestivo

Thanks Peter :)

Here is the cost breakdown for the varex:

Varex: $385.00

TNT Road Express (TNT Rates): $27.77

GST 10.0%: $37.52

Total: $412.77

I got it off best mufflers just like how BKS, jaderd and may be Guan as well. :D I have been shopping around like rang around local distributors and tried ebay path as well and I could not get any cheaper than that. :)

dames, we shuold of gotten it together! cheaper shipping i guess, but doenst matter!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Just a little update on what i have been up to lately. First, I installed those halogens as shown below:

IMG_0283.jpg

And I was so disappointed because they are not even close to the 6K HID. :-( When you compare it against a normal bulb, you are like WOW! but then when you turn on your HID you are quite disappointed. Having said that, it looks like I will be changing the fog lights to HID soon. :)

IMG_0285.jpg

Apart from that the varex should be about 1-2 weeks away. I am so excited it is not funny. :-D LoL Also, I am going to sandblast and powdercoat those wheels next week or sthg if i can. Does anyone have some suggestions for me? I got 2 different colours already in mind which I am not too sure to go for but I don't want to influence your suggestions. Therefore, I will wait and see what you guys can come up with. :)