Replacing brake calipers

Hi all,

I'll take my car in for a service soon and I'd like to replace the 4 brake calipers. Any of you have any ideas how much it would cost me? The car is a Corolla '05 hatch.

Cheers

Hi all,

I'll take my car in for a service soon and I'd like to replace the 4 brake calipers. Any of you have any ideas how much it would cost me? The car is a Corolla '05 hatch.

Cheers

do you mean calipers or just the brake pads? if calipers what type u looking for single piston, 2 piston, 4 piston, 6piston? honestly wouldnt bother getting it, if u dont get the slit rotars with it. well my friend found just a 4 piston front brake kit including slit rotars for 700.

The toyota brake pads for a 05 sedan front cost me $78 two weeks ago from a toyota dealer.i had slotted and drilled gold series dba rotors put on front and back bargain price of $700 from a local tyre place. if looking at trd black series brack pads Toyota sells them also for the 2005 sedan/hatch it was $330 for front and $330 for rear.

Wait till your car goes in for service, let them check the brakes and see if they need to be replaced before doing anything...

If they need to be replaced then the mechanic will let you know prices and get your OK to do the work...

Hi all,

Cheers

First of all, why do you want to change the calipers? Do you have crap brakes? If that's the case, get a pair of slotted rotors ($200 for fronts) and some decent brake pads ($50) and your set to go. No point in just getting a caliper upgrade if your not prepared to upgrade the components around it.

Edited by TRIPPER