Aurion Audio Help?

1stKill

time for an audio/visual update.any aurion owners installed or had installed a Pioneer AVH6050DVD 7'' in dash unit or similar and if so how did it turn out. thanks :unsure:

i had an pioneer avic unit. was grouse. pricey but worth it.
I think i found my set up and installer, h/unit 2 choices Alpine iva-W502e in dash or Kenwood ddx8032bt in dash. front speakers Focal165V slim, rears 6x9 Focal690cvx,2x10'' Rockford Fosgate Punch P3SD210 slimline or P3D210 normal & custombox(stealth install on either),mono amp & 4ch amp,bulk Dynamat pack,Optima battery,cables&RCA's,Stinger terminals,Facia kit,PAC SWI jack(stg wheel controls).Have i forgotten anything any comments on product would be welcomed. thanks. :) Edited by 1stKill

i had an pioneer avic unit. was grouse. pricey but worth it.
I think i found my set up and installer, h/unit 2 choices Alpine iva-W502e in dash or Kenwood ddx8032bt in dash. front speakers Focal165V slim, rears 6x9 Focal690cvx,2x10'' Rockford Fosgate Punch P3SD210 slimline or P3D210 normal & custombox(stealth install on either),mono amp & 4ch amp,bulk Dynamat pack,Optima battery,cables&RCA's,Stinger terminals,Facia kit,PAC SWI jack(stg wheel controls).Have i forgotten anything any comments on product would be welcomed. thanks. :)

Ok here we go, my installer dropped in this arvo and set me straight.Install will commence after EASTER grrrrr i was like pushin for NOW anyway it aint gunna happen.He also set me straight on the set up he wants to perform.(i hope i get this right) ALPINE IVA-502E H/U ROCKFORD FOSGATE P1000-1BD MONO BLOCK AMP ROCKFORD FOSGATE P400-4 4CH AMP ROCKFORD FOSGATE POWER T112D2 12''SUB (qty 1)&(CUSTOM BOX) FOCAL FRONT SLIMS 165VRS-FOCAL 6.5'' FOCAL REARS 6.5''165-CVX ALPINE IMPRINT SOUND PROCESSOR now all of this with a STEALTH install with all the trimmings, sound deadner,h/unit facia & steering wheel button kit,cables,rca's,terminals.Now im not sure about all the part # he was bangin on about but he asures me the quality and sound and power will be very good so im in his hands. p.s i he tells me this will cost a small fortune, its a definate upgrade on my $3000 system in my previous car(PEUGEOT 306 it was sound tested at Autobarn Bayswater 143db before sound deadner & 148db when deadned,made my eyes wobble)anyway going for a more refined sound, but with plenty POWER any comments welcomed. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: Edited by 1stKill

do u really need the steering wheel controls??? because from what i know the only things that are gonna work are you volume, mode, and skip buttons. but your display button on the right that operates the little computer will not work. honestly i do not think that what your paying for the audio buttons just to function is not worth the money. you might as well get an alpine remote control and use that for half the price that itll cost you for the module.

i have the exact head unit he's getting. n i can tell u that my display button is not working.

n with a touchscreen head unit, using the actual screen itself or an alpine controller is a lot more effective thsn 5buttons on the steering wheel.

do u really need the steering wheel controls??? because from what i know the only things that are gonna work are you volume, mode, and skip buttons. but your display button on the right that operates the little computer will not work. honestly i do not think that what your paying for the audio buttons just to function is not worth the money. you might as well get an alpine remote control and use that for half the price that itll cost you for the module.

Had remote control on last system(never used it) im hoping to have all my stg wheel controls on the Aurion work and have been told its possible(we will see?)anyway in the scheme of the build it was a no brainer to try and keep the wheel buttons,i hope they work as i do use em a lot and the old saying, IF ITS WORTH DOIN ITS WORTH DOIN PROPERLY.

ive got a camry (similar to the aurion) and i can confirm that installing any after market unit will not work your steering wheel controls at all, this includes the display etc.

so your spending 3k for whole setup? which installer are you going with and where is it located? are you getting all the items at a good price or rrp? if you buy bulk you should be paying a bit cheaper.

ive got a camry (similar to the aurion) and i can confirm that installing any after market unit will not work your steering wheel controls at all, this includes the display etc.

so your spending 3k for whole setup? which installer are you going with and where is it located? are you getting all the items at a good price or rrp? if you buy bulk you should be paying a bit cheaper.

installer is a mate,no not rrp,and $3000 system was in last car(peugeot)and wont be paying for wheel kit if it dosnt work.i never mentioned price other than its more exspensive than my last set up.

Had remote control on last system(never used it) im hoping to have all my stg wheel controls on the Aurion work and have been told its possible(we will see?)anyway in the scheme of the build it was a no brainer to try and keep the wheel buttons,i hope they work as i do use em a lot and the old saying, IF ITS WORTH DOIN ITS WORTH DOIN PROPERLY.

I'm not familiar with the Aurion. Does the display button change anything on the current head unit or does it change the display above the head unit?

From what I found when I was doing the install on my Kluger, the display button doesn't go to the head unit. Also, all current Toyotas with the 5 steering wheel buttons use the same resister network.I can't see why there would be a problem unless the installer couldn't be bothered.

Talking about doing it properly, are you going to get navigation, bluetooth and front/rear multiview cameras as well?

I wanted the Alpine unit you are getting, but once you added navigation, bluetooth, multimedia remote control and Ipod adapter(so that you can use USB at the same time) and that Alpine are not available at the discount internet car audio suppliers, I couldn't justify the price. I ended up getting the Kenwood DDX-8032BT and navigation which also allowed me to connect my garage remote to the head unit. Also, if you want 5.1 surround on the Alpine, you need to buy more accesories; it's included in the Kenwood, you just need to buy amps.

If you don't care about cost, I think the Alpine is better.

Mikey,im only adding bluetooth/ipod/rear camera/imprint processor.no Nav, im and old melways and map man, even at work in the owners 08 VE calias(factory nav,very nice) i still prefer my melways and as for my stg wheel buttons (im not sure) but i think its only the headunit they operate. Theres 2 buttons below my display seperate from stg wheel for small display in dash.

with alpine stuff, you would really want to know someone that sells that product and you get a good deal out of it. My sound stage is almost perfect, just need to dynamatt the plastics in my car and its all good. either know someone or do what i use to do, we had a jb hifi & northfield across from each other at mt gravatt and just kept walking cross the street comparing. Ebay is pretty bad, some are possible fakes and immitations like the "NEW TYPE L" which was type E with the paint removed to shape an L.

the alpine remotes are huge! and IMO having the stock small one (its got play pause next volume up etc. the important stuff) is much more efficient. I borrowed my friend's bluetooth & remote, after 10 minutes of use, i kinda went back to the basic one

With the imprint box thingy, make sure you change the bottom of the head unit or at volume 1 it would be loud as. the downside i believe in having the imprint thing is settting up the sound stage with the mic, its 5-10minutes per spot and there is 6 spots and everything must be quiet when you do it (someone started a mower and i had to start over) and when you wanna change to your custom eq with my head unit. had to turn off a setting called define or something, i cant remember, if i didnt the fronts would be only in use and the subwoofer couldn't be heard.

i also think the ipod cable comes with the HU but the USB extender doesn't unles they are nice and give you it (saves you $5)

Sweet audio set up though.

Edited by Eargunk

if you are getting the module installed to get your buttons working do post up the results please. i would like to know if your display button that operates the trip computer works. coz thats what im more interested in. coz i think the module will set you back $300 give or take?

with alpine stuff, you would really want to know someone that sells that product and you get a good deal out of it. My sound stage is almost perfect, just need to dynamatt the plastics in my car and its all good. either know someone or do what i use to do, we had a jb hifi & northfield across from each other at mt gravatt and just kept walking cross the street comparing. Ebay is pretty bad, some are possible fakes and immitations like the "NEW TYPE L" which was type E with the paint removed to shape an L.

the alpine remotes are huge! and IMO having the stock small one (its got play pause next volume up etc. the important stuff) is much more efficient. I borrowed my friend's bluetooth & remote, after 10 minutes of use, i kinda went back to the basic one

With the imprint box thingy, make sure you change the bottom of the head unit or at volume 1 it would be loud as. the downside i believe in having the imprint thing is settting up the sound stage with the mic, its 5-10minutes per spot and there is 6 spots and everything must be quiet when you do it (someone started a mower and i had to start over) and when you wanna change to your custom eq with my head unit. had to turn off a setting called define or something, i cant remember, if i didnt the fronts would be only in use and the subwoofer couldn't be heard.

i also think the ipod cable comes with the HU but the USB extender doesn't unles they are nice and give you it (saves you $5)

Sweet audio set up though.

thanks for ya comments Eargunk and im in the hands of my installer(26yrs in car audio) he tells the only thing i have to worry about is the MONEY to pay for this creation.if we can get the wheel buttons to work i will post exactly what he did for future & exsisting installs. p.s Cant wait for install to begin,only 10 more sleeps.

if you are getting the module installed to get your buttons working do post up the results please. i would like to know if your display button that operates the trip computer works. coz thats what im more interested in. coz i think the module will set you back $300 give or take?

Alpine imprint processor about $240 & steering wheel button module about $200 will let ya know about trip comp.

On the Aurion, getting your steering wheel audio controls to work are a little different to getting your 'DISP' button to work. For some reason, the DISP button integrates with a digital controller in the stock stereo, and when you get an aftermarket unit, it needs to have a similar controller for you to retain DISP button functionality. So far, the only guaranteed method of keeping this functionality is to get another unit that is made to work with the steering wheel controls, or to dissect the stock unit and obtain the circuit board from that.

The SWI-JACK has not been known to restore DISP button functionality.

On the Aurion, getting your steering wheel audio controls to work are a little different to getting your 'DISP' button to work. For some reason, the DISP button integrates with a digital controller in the stock stereo, and when you get an aftermarket unit, it needs to have a similar controller for you to retain DISP button functionality. So far, the only guaranteed method of keeping this functionality is to get another unit that is made to work with the steering wheel controls, or to dissect the stock unit and obtain the circuit board from that.

Basically its a messy job. I told the guys that were installing my HU and none of them would wanna do it coz they say that they cannot guarantee anything. but apart from this way there's really no other known way of getting both stereo + display button to work.

Basically its a messy job. I told the guys that were installing my HU and none of them would wanna do it coz they say that they cannot guarantee anything. but apart from this way there's really no other known way of getting both stereo + display button to work.

yeah ya might be right, my installer rang me this arvo on further investigation and said this might be the case(NO GUARANTEE IT WILL WORK),anyway if they dont work i can live with that, as the pay off will be visual/sound quality,which is what this setup is really about,wheel controls would be nice but not essential.thanks for the info.

thats true, you wont need the steering control, only the disp but its not necessary :)

there is a way to this. it was posted in the aurion forums ages ago. just that the job is quite messy and most if not all installers are not prepared to do this because it requires disembling both the stock and the aftermarket head unit and rewiring.

unless you do DIY with your mates, installers tend to not want any part of this coz they cannot gurantee the outcocme.

thats actually a good point there. i might just pop down to toyota and try and grab a diagram of their wirings etc and maybe i could send to you so you could have a look for me? plus it'll help out the rest of the aurion boys.