ATX front fog lights

Hi guys, just got the fog lights installed with Melbourne City Toyota.

Price List:

$220 Fog lights + surrounds (genuine Toyota Parts made in China, got them from a friend)

$370 Toyota genuine stalk (bought it from Toyota genuine parts)

$100 Toyota genuine relay (bought it from Toyota genuine parts)

$100 Labour cost

Total: $790

I got the fog lights+surrounds cheap, but they are genuine parts, although they are made in China.

As I've been told by the guy in Toyota, if I buy them in the dealer, it'll cost me around $800.

I can't help myself to buy a genuine stalk, it has factory warranty. If you want a cheap way to do this, get a switch intalled, which could cost you very little.

I think you can also get the relay somewhere else. The only reason I didn't do that is because Toyota can only install its own genuine parts.

The labour cost is fine.

I think on eof the reason why the genuine parts here in OZ are expensive is because they are all made in Japan. Don't why they can't be made locally.

The parts I bought from my friend are made in China and I guess he got them in China, that's why they are a lot cheaper. The good thing about genuine parts is they perfectly fit and you may ask Toyota dealer to install them for you.

A cheap way I can suggest:

$220 fog lights + surrounds (If my friend can get some more in stock, I'll let you know.)

$150 switch + wiring accessories + relay (Jaycar is a promising place to find everything you want.)

$100 Labour (In this case, Toyota dealer won't be able to help you to do the job. You may either find a auto sparky or even just DIY it if you are a handy man.)

Total: $500 ($400 DIY)

CHEERS

This price is certainly attractive and reasonable, do let me know if your friend managed to source it from China. Cheers mate.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi People,

Good news!!! My friend is getting another 10 set of fog lights in 2 weeks. They'll be exactly as same as what I've got. (Genuine Toyota Fog lights and Surrounds) Please check my previous posts.

He's going to put them on ebay for $250 per set. He said, before he puts them on ebay, if anyone here wants to buy, the special offer will be $230+postage. Local pickup is OK if you are in Melbourne. His email address is foreverjackycheung@hotmail.com You may contact him for purchase arrangement.

My comment: if you trust me/him, bank deposit will be an easy way. Otherwise you'll see his ads on ebay in 2 weeks anyway. Frankly, 20 bucks more for better security is not bad. People in Vic are lucky, he lives only 15 minutes drive out of city. I suugest in whatever way you are going to get the fog lights kit, you'd better to email him and 'register your interest' so that make sure you get one of those 10.

BTW, I had HID installed last week right after installing the fog lights. With the help of DJKOR (his posts on other topic), I've changed the parking lights with white LED by myself. Easy job with pro's guidance, otherwise, the only way I can see is bumper-off job. Well, thanks, mate, because people like you here, this forum is getting better and better.

Cheers, finally I can have a chance to help others.

Edited by AU8ION

Hi guys, just got the fog lights installed with Melbourne City Toyota.

Price List:

$220 Fog lights + surrounds (genuine Toyota Parts made in China, got them from a friend)

$370 Toyota genuine stalk (bought it from Toyota genuine parts)

$100 Toyota genuine relay (bought it from Toyota genuine parts)

$100 Labour cost

Total: $790

I got the fog lights+surrounds cheap, but they are genuine parts, although they are made in China.

As I've been told by the guy in Toyota, if I buy them in the dealer, it'll cost me around $800.

I can't help myself to buy a genuine stalk, it has factory warranty. If you want a cheap way to do this, get a switch intalled, which could cost you very little.

I think you can also get the relay somewhere else. The only reason I didn't do that is because Toyota can only install its own genuine parts.

The labour cost is fine.

I think on eof the reason why the genuine parts here in OZ are expensive is because they are all made in Japan. Don't why they can't be made locally.

The parts I bought from my friend are made in China and I guess he got them in China, that's why they are a lot cheaper. The good thing about genuine parts is they perfectly fit and you may ask Toyota dealer to install them for you.

A cheap way I can suggest:

$220 fog lights + surrounds (If my friend can get some more in stock, I'll let you know.)

$150 switch + wiring accessories + relay (Jaycar is a promising place to find everything you want.)

$100 Labour (In this case, Toyota dealer won't be able to help you to do the job. You may either find a auto sparky or even just DIY it if you are a handy man.)

Total: $500 ($400 DIY)

CHEERS

This price is certainly attractive and reasonable, do let me know if your friend managed to source it from China. Cheers mate.

I know this going to sound silly but whats wrong with grand styles fog lights you get

1. pair of fog lights + wiring + relay + switch for $170.00 shipment $10 Austalia wide.

2. Pair of surrounds geniune from toyota $70.00 a pair

3. Labour for grand style to fit them 2 to 3 hrs job $130.00

Total $470 fitted with warranty.

And I have seen them they look same as the OEM I have ordered a set. Iam mean even Jason(Bondie had after market et which he was happy with)

AUR30N

Edited by AUR30N

I know this going to sound silly but whats wrong with grand styles fog lights you get

1. pair of fog lights + wiring + relay + switch for $170.00 shipment $10 Austalia wide.

And I have seen them they look same as the OEM I have ordered a set. Iam mean even Jason(Bondie had after market et which he was happy with)

AUR30N

HI Ari, where do i get these from? Grand Style?? Might want to give it a go...

Well, there isn't much difference. Genuine parts and Aftermarket parts are always similar anyway. The only thing is if you have genuine parts, you can have them installed by Toyota Dealer during a service or something. And you can get Toyota's warranty regarding installation. If you DIY it, the price to get the genuine fog lights+surrounds is $230 (the cost of the wiring, relay wouldn't exceed $50, so total will be around $280); the price to get the aftermarket fog lights+genuine surrounds+accessories is $240, only 40 bucks difference, really not significant.

Anyway, nothing's wrong with any helpful posts and information sharing here in this forum.

Well, there isn't much difference. Genuine parts and Aftermarket parts are always similar anyway. The only thing is if you have genuine parts, you can have them installed by Toyota Dealer during a service or something. And you can get Toyota's warranty regarding installation. If you DIY it, the price to get the genuine fog lights+surrounds is $230 (the cost of the wiring, relay wouldn't exceed $50, so total will be around $280); the price to get the aftermarket fog lights+genuine surrounds+accessories is $240, only 40 bucks difference, really not significant.

Anyway, nothing's wrong with any helpful posts and information sharing here in this forum.

hmmm sorry for ignorance but what about toyota's harness for the fog lights and relay there is no price there? question does the ATX models have the wiring harness sitting behind the suround bezels? and for the relay? or will toyota charge you extra for a harness kit?

AUR30N

Edited by AUR30N

hmmm sorry for ignorance but what about toyota's harness for the fog lights and relay there is no price there? question does the ATX models have the wiring harness sitting behind the suround bezels? and for the relay? or will toyota charge you extra for a harness kit?

AUR30N

Toyota would not charge you for harness kit. Because the wiring harness are already sitting in place. If you purchase the relay from Toyota, the genuine one is $97. But if you wan to DIY it, a relay is a rely, you can find it in any electronic palces like Jaycar.

You only need extra wiring accessories if you want to install the fog lights without a new stalk, that is to install a switch somewhere on the dash board or console. If you want to install it with Toyota. It'll all be just plug and play, fit the fog lights and surrounds, plug in the connectors fot the lights which are already in place, install the relay then change the stalk and that's it. A genuine stalk is $370, the total labour is around $100-150 with Toyota dealer. They can only help you if you have genuine parts, it doesn't matter where you get them.

I've done this myself, please check my previous posts.

AUR30N

Can anyone give me recommendation where can i get it installed in Brisbane if i follow Aur3on way and get the above set??

Can anyone give me recommendation where can i get it installed in Brisbane if i follow Aur3on way and get the above set??

If you can get a quote, I can beat em by 10%... on site service included :lol:

AUR30N

Daryl, will you do it for the price mentioned above $130? Certainly better to let you do it... ; )

Daryl, will you do it for the price mentioned above $130? Certainly better to let you do it... ; )

I'd be available to install that for you should you choose to purchase the lights. At home service, and make it $100. As by my word though, if you can find somewhere else that can do it for cheaper, I'll better them by 10%.

If AU8ION is right in that the Aurions without fog lights have the wiring harness already there, I can install a relay and fuse in the actual fuse box itself and run from that. You would still have a separate switch, but it would mean that the fog lights will only come on with the parkers (just like the factory fitted ones), and will light up on the dash cluster to tell you that they are on. Plus, should you ever get a new indicator stork, it will be a simple plug-and-play for it to work with the fog lights.

I'd be available to install that for you should you choose to purchase the lights. At home service, and make it $100. As by my word though, if you can find somewhere else that can do it for cheaper, I'll better them by 10%.

If AU8ION is right in that the Aurions without fog lights have the wiring harness already there, I can install a relay and fuse in the actual fuse box itself and run from that. You would still have a separate switch, but it would mean that the fog lights will only come on with the parkers (just like the factory fitted ones), and will light up on the dash cluster to tell you that they are on. Plus, should you ever get a new indicator stork, it will be a simple plug-and-play for it to work with the fog lights.

I've done my fog lights in Toyota Melbourne City. I've confirmed this with them. If the installation is involved with any extra wiring(harness, etc.), they wouldn't miss the chance to charge me, right? haha...

BTW, DJKOR, Im thinking that once my friend puts the ads on ebay, he maybe happy to put you there as an optional service contact in Brisbane. Well, just a quick thought.

His name's Arthas and his email address as mentioned previously: foreverjackycheung@hotmail.com

Edited by AU8ION

I've done my fog lights in Toyota Melbourne City. I've confirmed this with them. If the installation is involved with any extra wiring(harness, etc.), they wouldn't miss the chance to charge me, right? haha...

That's kind of what I thought, then when you mentioned that their genuine 'relay' cost $97, I figured that this is just one way they could cover the charge. I would be pretty sure even with their markup, a relay from their parts department would cost less than $30, so I'd just imagine this genuine 'relay' is just their wiring harness charge.

But if the harness really is there (ie. you purchased the relay and had it in your hands before they fitted it), well they certainly found a place to get some profit.

Daryl if i were to change the bulb to white, do i need to buy another set of HID kit?

That's kind of what I thought, then when you mentioned that their genuine 'relay' cost $97, I figured that this is just one way they could cover the charge. I would be pretty sure even with their markup, a relay from their parts department would cost less than $30, so I'd just imagine this genuine 'relay' is just their wiring harness charge.

But if the harness really is there (ie. you purchased the relay and had it in your hands before they fitted it), well they certainly found a place to get some profit.

Yeah, I did have the relay in my hand before the starting of the job. Everyone knows how those car dealers make profit on genuine parts. I can't find the type of the relay before hand, otherwise I'll get that in places like Repco or Jaycar. The attached pics show the packing of my relay. There is part number etc. Hope that can help you guys to find out the type of the relay.

BTW, I'll check my fuse box tomorrow, try to find out which relay is this and take a pic for you. Maybe I should email Repco to get a quote. Will that be more helpful?

post-13740-1243780057_thumb.jpg

post-13740-1243780067_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I did have the relay in my hand before the starting of the job. Everyone knows how those car dealers make profit on genuine parts. I can't find the type of the relay before hand, otherwise I'll get that in places like Repco or Jaycar. The attached pics show the packing of my relay. There is part number etc. Hope that can help you guys to find out the type of the relay.

BTW, I'll check my fuse box tomorrow, try to find out which relay is this and take a pic for you. Maybe I should email Repco to get a quote. Will that be more helpful?

Save yourself the effort from trying to take a photo. The relay is located behind the glove box so the only way to take a photo of that is to pull your glove box out.

I can assure you though that this relay could be substituted with an off the shelf variety (ie. $8, which I've done with other relays in the past). I can't believe they managed to charge you that much for it. Not even a high quality solid-state relay would cost that much.

Oh well, I guess that was the price you had to pay for that Toyota assurance.

Daryl if i were to change the bulb to white, do i need to buy another set of HID kit?

Depends on what you really want. If you want a whiter light, I'd just recommend a blue tinted bulb, but these won't look as pure as HID's. Also as well, the output of the white tinted bulbs is usually less, combined with the fact that they would be pretty much useless in fog. It would only be for looks really. Putting HID's in your fog lights though will be really glaring to other drivers, so I don't really recommend that.

Ever wondered why some fog lights are yellow? It's because that is the best colour for vision in rain and fog.

Save yourself the effort from trying to take a photo. The relay is located behind the glove box so the only way to take a photo of that is to pull your glove box out.

I can assure you though that this relay could be substituted with an off the shelf variety (ie. $8, which I've done with other relays in the past). I can't believe they managed to charge you that much for it. Not even a high quality solid-state relay would cost that much.

Oh well, I guess that was the price you had to pay for that Toyota assurance.

Well, you never know before you try. BTW, one of my friend has got a TRD rear spoiler installed with Toyota Dealer, the price for the spoiler itself is $2000 plus labour and etc. Very expensive plastics... :D

Ordered the Fog Lights from Grand Style today, Teddy from Grand Style mentioned about an increase in price, now its $180 (comes with wiring, switch and mounting), and shipping it to Queensland will be $20. He mentioned it will be around 10 days for me to get the Fog Lights, sigh, guess i have to wait patiently for them then.

Went to Southside Toyota at Logan Rd to purchase the Fog Light Covers, it cost a total of $60 for a pair, and i can collect it tomorrow afternoon, SWEET.

Parts numbers are:5203006030 and 5204006030.

Everything is set, now i just have to wait for the fog lights and arrange a time with Daryl and i will have the fog lights installed in my car YEAH..

When are you coming to Sydney next? You can put the lights in for me and also wire up that thingie mijig you mentioned to allow my stalk to stay on auto.

Guys in the next few days I will try and post electrical diagram & where everything is situated i.e. relay etc etc

AUR30N

Hi Ari, the ones you get from Grand-Style, do you know what type of bulb they use? I would like to change to bulbs to HID White bulbs so i need to purchase the bulbs before going to Daryl for installation...

The kit I had delivered from Grand-Style the other week included the fog light covers. In my previous post I called them 'surrounds'.

I'm pretty sure they would still be included in the kit so there shouldn't be a need to buy them from Toyota - worth checking.

As stated previously the switch supplied wouldn't fit in the dash blanks and I have still had no success getting something to fit, so I ended up 'adjusting' the supplied switch rather than the dash to get by until I can find one that fits.

I also have a PDF file here which is the US '07 Camry (4 & 6cyl) factory wiring manual. I've checked it against some of my wiring and it seems to be right.

I'm new here so I'm not sure how to add the file as an attachment as there seems to be a 2mb limit and the file is near on 7mb.

If anyone's interested in checking this out let me know how I can post it on the forum.

I also have a PDF file here which is the US '07 Camry (4 & 6cyl) factory wiring manual. I've checked it against some of my wiring and it seems to be right.

I'm new here so I'm not sure how to add the file as an attachment as there seems to be a 2mb limit and the file is near on 7mb.

If anyone's interested in checking this out let me know how I can post it on the forum.

That PDF is also downloadable here:

07 Camry Service Manual - Electrical Wiring Diagrams (alternative link)

If you are installing the foglights and using the supplied wiring harness, you won't need to refer to this manual at all. If you want to use the existing wiring for the foglights, you probably still won't need this as well, all you need to find are the two wires in the harness going to the steering wheel that trigger the foglight relay.