ATX front fog lights

Ingres,i'm very picky and if it's not 100% right then i wont stop till it is,and that will mean more $$$....but hey thats me. :)

so i'm still sitting on the fence watching & listening at the moment,and i'm in no hurry so alls good,one thing with the Aurion i've learnt to be patient. B)

Haha, true, with the things you have already done to your car, it should be done rite.. maybe the parts that "KEN33F" highlight might solve the problem??

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Saw this on ebay, think it is from the same guy that is selling the fog lights in the forum, the pictures also shows gap in the fog lights..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-06-09-Aurion...93%3A1|294%3A50

Ingres - can you post picture of your with the gap - Iam actually going to go to Toyota and have look and see if they have gap too. today.

AUR30N

Saw this on ebay, think it is from the same guy that is selling the fog lights in the forum, the pictures also shows gap in the fog lights..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-06-09-Aurion...93%3A1|294%3A50

Ingres - can you post picture of your with the gap - Iam actually going to go to Toyota and have look and see if they have gap too. today.

AUR30N

newfoglights0002.jpg

newfoglights0003.jpg

You can see the Black line, that is where the gap is..

yeah i was looking at the gap also...Daryl yours do look different,it seems like ya have a rubber or whatever it's made of ring in the place where the gap is on the aftermarket jobbies...

maybe factory build took into affect the amount of vibration thru the front bar and added something... :unsure:

From the Toyota parts diagrams it appears that there's a piece that goes between the shroud and the actual lamp..

It appears to be part of the fog shrouds:

52030-06030 (RH)

32040-06030 (LH)

I checked with toyota today there is no part inbetween the front panel and fog light.

AUR30N

Just a little advice to people that are going to do this conversion yourself, becareful of the clock spring in between the stalk and the steering wheel. The thing has a 5 turn lock to lock, it felt like it just keeps turning, anyways, the thing is $476.30 to replace and I am replacing it today.

Just a little advice to people that are going to do this conversion yourself, becareful of the clutch spring in between the stalk and the steering wheel. The thing has a 5 turn lock to lock, it felt like it just keeps turning, anyways, the thing is $476.30 to replace and I am replacing it today.

how hard was it to take of colon cover of the steering wheel as i want to use original wiring for fog light that are allready there and tap of the steering colon

AUR30N

how hard was it to take of colon cover of the steering wheel as i want to use original wiring for fog light that are allready there and tap of the steering colon

You can't take the cover off the steering column without taking off the steering wheel. This is because the two screws that hold the cover on are located behind the steering wheel. Taking the steering wheel off is quite easy actually. As long as you have the right Torx security bit. The procedure is pretty much the same as the Kluger which has already been documented:

Pics of my Kluger steering wheel removal

Steering wheel needs to come off for the stalk to be replaced. I just used 4.5 allen key and it did the trick to take the steering wheel off. Now I've done it, I reckon it will take 30 minutes from start to finish, it's actually quite simple to do.

DJ,

did you find that the switch was not 100% in fitment that the actual switch part need to be shaved a bit so it wouldn't get stuck and black texa drawn on the side so the cream abs wasn't showing?

AUR30N

did you find that the switch was not 100% in fitment that the actual switch part need to be shaved a bit so it wouldn't get stuck and black texa drawn on the side so the cream abs wasn't showing?

Firstly the switch that Ingres got was uniform in colour with no irregularities.

As for the fitment, it didn't exactly lock into place in the panel, but slotted in without the need to shave or cut away any plastic. Once in, you can press the button without it catching on the side. It does the job with no issues at all.

The kits are all the same come from company in taiwan.

just found once the switch in fully inserted and locked in the push button bit get stuck some times i will have good look this weekend.

as last weekend was busy one installing everything hid - led all round , rear sensors and fog and eye lid etc :-)

will have more time to play this weekend.

thanks for the feed back

AUR30N

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi All :help:

just wondered with the supplied loom where do you get through the fire wall for the switch inside my wife bought ours off e bay and there is no wiring diagrame do i use the toyota loom there is a plug that looks to plug in somewhere behind the bumper also there is a earth wire and another wire where does this go to >

Any help would be great Thanx in Advance

Wish i had of found this forum ages ago i have a ST204 Celica also any one know where to source door Trims Toyota want an arm and leg for em .

just wondered with the supplied loom where do you get through the fire wall for the switch inside my wife bought ours off e bay and there is no wiring diagrame do i use the toyota loom there is a plug that looks to plug in somewhere behind the bumper also there is a earth wire and another wire where does this go to >

Firstly, if you need to run any wires through the firewall, the best place is the grommet located next to the ECU on the passenger side. This will end up behind the glove box.

Secondly, you can use either the loom that they have supplied and wire them up completley separately, or you can utilise the pre-existing harness that comes with the Aurion. If you choose this method, you will need to firstly obtain a micro relay (details in this post), and then you will need to connect a switch to the wiring harness going to the indicator stork. To do that though, you most likely will need to remove your steering wheel (I prefer to connect direct to the connector, and that's the only way to access it). That's what I had to do with Ingres. I didn't take note of the wire colours but I can remember the location. If you get a photo of the connector and wires connecting to the stork, I can tell you what to connect a switch to.

When wired to the stock harness and when the fog light switch is on, the fog lights come on whenever the parker lights are on.

thats what i did as well utilise the pre-existing harness that comes with the Aurion saved heaps of time.

Still ****y with the gap but thats normal with AURIONS

AUR30N

Edited by AUR30N

• 2 months later...

here is quick picture guide to wire up ebay fog lights with factory wiring loom

http://rapidshare.com/files/293695342/Fact...Aurion.doc.html

enjoy when i get time I will redo in detail and better picks no time at moment mrs had new bubs (girl Alexia) this morning 2.30am :D

AUR30N

Edited by AUR30N

here is quick picture guide to wire up ebay fog lights with factory wiring loom

http://rapidshare.com/files/293695342/Fact...Aurion.doc.html

enjoy when i get time I will redo in detail and better picks no time at moment mrs had new bubs (girl Alexia) this morning 2.30am :D

AUR30N

Congrats Ari on the baby girl.... :clap:

• 3 months later...
Thanks gentlemen.

maybe dj can add the revised version to the tocau faq's when i complete it.

Cheers

AUR30N

Hey guys,

What do you all think about this kit on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MARS-SPOTLIGHT-LAMP...=item5d27eae358

there is also this one

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-Aurion-06-09...=item519036e530

Cheers

With the one from MARS, there's nothing in detail about what's included in the package. Only photos are shown. You may want to confirm with the seller.

With the second link, no actual photo is shown. You may find that this seller has actual photos for most of the other items. Make sure the seller has the item in stock.

With both links, make sure the switch you get will fit your dash board. And mind you, only one bolt is needed for the installation of each fog light. Make sure no extra brackets whatsoever are required for the installation of the fog lights you are buying.

Edited by AU8ION

• 1 year later...

Ari's link seems to be dead as well as links to the wiring diagram

I too noticed the dead link to the pic of the wiring in this thread, so recently tried to revive another similar thread.

I hope you have more luck with responses than I did though.

Edited by xpedite