ATX front fog lights

How much work is involved installing fog lights on an ATX model (Picture below) Just wondering if the wiring is actually behind the bar?

Plus, how would I turn them on and off as it seams there isn't a switch for Fog on the base model.

24uyw6s.jpg

Many Thanks in advance!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How much work is involved installing fog lights on an ATX model (Picture below) Just wondering if the wiring is actually behind the bar?

Plus, how would I turn them on and off as it seams there isn't a switch for Fog on the base model.

24uyw6s.jpg

Many Thanks in advance!

get a price 1st, should be enough to scare ya,if you do get em you must put a luminated switch in dash or console so you can tell wether there on/off wiring em up should not be to difficult.i was thinking of doing it a couple of months back,but to exspensive so didnt take it any further. good luck :)

24uyw6s.jpg

Many Thanks in advance!

get a price 1st, should be enough to scare ya,if you do get em you must put a luminated switch in dash or console so you can tell wether there on/off wiring em up should not be to difficult.i was thinking of doing it a couple of months back,but to exspensive so didnt take it any further. good luck :)

Thanks mate.

I didn't read this post http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...p;hl=fog+lights before posting too. However they never explained how they did it, whether I have to disconnect the front bar. My car looks crap without fog lights :(

apparently $150 inc posting. (without indicator on/off)

Edited by MartysAurion

There is not much work involved to install fog lights into your Aurion by yourself. But this is my opinion and it depends on what you define as a fair bit of work. BONDIE (miss ya mate, LOL) installed a set in his and I didn't really hear an complaints from him, so it couldn't have been too bad.

As for the switch, unless you change the indicator stork around to one that includes a fog light switch, you are going to have to live with a switch mounted somewhere near the steering wheel (like near the mirror controls). If you can get your hands on the appropriate indicator stork, the change over process is similar to this:

Pics of my Kluger steering wheel removal

Edit: Got around to reading everything fully and noticed you came across the thread:

I didn't read this post
before posting too. However they never explained how they did it, whether I have to disconnect the front bar. My car looks crap without fog lights :(

In relation to that, if you are flexible enough there is no need to remove the front bumper. By taking off the splash guards on the underside of the bumper, you can get away with fitting the fog lights through there.

Thanks DJKOR,

It's seems like I'm going to have drama's getting the indicator stork. BONDIE'S not around anymore to ask him for the pics of installing it and whether he used a switch or stork.

thank again DJKOR

Edited by MartysAurion

• 2 weeks later...
It's seems like I'm going to have drama's getting the indicator stork. BONDIE'S not around anymore to ask him for the pics of installing it and whether he used a switch or stork.

Have you had a go yet? I got a quote of $180 for the stalk, just got the lights, will be giving it a go when I get back home next month.

The seller there on Amazon 'Blinglights' used to sell those fog lights on eBay. They have a blue LED in them as well which you can turn on to instantly make your car a cop magnet. From the looks of the bracket they provide with it, it looks like you would need to figure out how to mount it yourself inside the bumper as the factory mounting moulds are a bit different to how that bracket sits. Then again, that could just be a general photo (as those brackets look universal) and when you get the kit, it will have the proper hardware.

I've bought the left and right side from Toyota here in Taiwan, they cost approximately $40/each. How much are they back home?

i know a man can do it for $310. and he can simple go to your home to install it, if you live near his town. it will take appx 1.5 to 2 hours to complete the job.

I've bought the left and right side from Toyota here in Taiwan, they cost approximately $40/each. How much are they back home?

i know a man can do it for $310. and he can simple go to your home to install it, if you live near his town. it will take appx 1.5 to 2 hours to complete the job.

Is the person in Brisbane? I am looking at Fog Lights as well. Let me know. Thanks mate.

Is the person in Brisbane? I am looking at Fog Lights as well. Let me know. Thanks mate.

sorry mate, he is in Sydney. However, i can ask him whether he can post parts to you. Then you only got one thing to do is find your local workshop to do it for you. They shouldnt charge more then $100 for labour. Morover, the fog light units will only cost you around 200. its still cheap

Edited by Flying Pig

sorry mate, he is in Sydney. However, i can ask him whether he can post parts to you. Then you only got one thing to do is find your local workshop to do it for you. They shouldnt charge more then $100 for labour. Morover, the fog light units will only cost you around 200. its still cheap

It alrite mate, if he is not in brisbane then it is ok .. just got a quotation from one of the shop for both HD plus fog light .. dunno whether i should change the HD light as well.. sigh..

At least i now know it's possible, and not going to charge a massive amount. I've heard negative feedback regarding them bling lights tho.

is that including the molding around the fog lights? I wouldn't bother until I can get the popper molding to make it look 100% authentic. I've seen some of them bling lights without it and it looks tacky.

At least i now know it's possible, and not going to charge a massive amount. I've heard negative feedback regarding them bling lights tho.

is that including the molding around the fog lights? I wouldn't bother until I can get the popper molding to make it look 100% authentic. I've seen some of them bling lights without it and it looks tacky.

Yup...The fog light cover originally from Toyota parts centre. So you dont have to worry it will look tacky. it looks exactly the same as orignal fog lights, except the (ON/OFF) switch. You can leave your mobile or email to me privately, i can send you the photo

Edited by Flying Pig

That's the same issue I want to have things as much to factory spec as possible so if I regret something I can easily reverse it.

That's the same issue I want to have things as much to factory spec as possible so if I regret something I can easily reverse it.

i will upload my fog light pic tomo night

HOWS THIS!!!!

Went into Toyota Port Rd South Australia, just to ask for a price of fog lights "not fitted" he came back with a smirk (the guy was a w@nker) and said

you ready??

$1100!!!

Nunawading Toyota (Melbourne) guy said same thing,you ready? $1261.00 fitted(yeah right),terminoligy must be in the toyota salesjerk handbook. :spiteful:

HOWS THIS!!!!

Went into Toyota Port Rd South Australia, just to ask for a price of fog lights "not fitted" he came back with a smirk (the guy was a w@nker) and said

you ready??

$1100!!!

Nunawading Toyota (Melbourne) guy said same thing,you ready? $1261.00 fitted(yeah right),terminoligy must be in the toyota salesjerk handbook. :spiteful:

WOW, that's really a ridiculous pricing. I guess the more they managed to sell, the higher the comm..