ATX front fog lights

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, to the aurioners who want to DIY the installation of the fog lights:

My firend, Arthas is going to get some DIY fog light kits for Aurion, the kits will be exactly the same as shown in the photo above (including surrounds, fog lights, wires, harness, relay, switch, etc) plus instructions in English. You'll have all you need in the package. As I was told, he's happy to sell them $150 including postage Australia wide.

The only thing is you guys need to be patient, as he'll need another 3-4 weeks to get them in hand.

Well, will let everyone know once he's ready. And you may also keep an eye on ebay in 3-4 weeks time.

Cheers,

Edited by AU8ION

My firend, Arthas is going to get some DIY fog light kits for Aurion, the kits will be exactly the same as shown in the photo above (including surrounds, fog lights, wires, harness, relay, switch, etc) plus instructions in English. You'll have all you need in the package. As I was told, he's happy to sell them $150 including postage Australia wide.

The only thing is you guys need to be patient, as he'll need another 3-4 weeks to get them in hand.

Well, will let everyone know once he's ready. And you may also keep an eye on ebay in 3-4 weeks time.

Cheers,

Hmmm some nice work done here :clap: ,when we started this thred i think some of the quotes (mainly genuine) were $1000-$1200 or so,now down to $150 delivered sounds almost to good to be true. :)

have ya had a look at the quality of the surrounds,because if these are of cheapie quality,stone chips/everyday roadware will kill em real quick.

Cheers,

Hmmm some nice work done here :clap: ,when we started this thred i think some of the quotes (mainly genuine) were $1000-$1200 or so,now down to $150 delivered sounds almost to good to be true. :)

have ya had a look at the quality of the surrounds,because if these are of cheapie quality,stone chips/everyday roadware will kill em real quick.

For the surrond, if you are worried, you can spend $60 to get the Genuine Surround from Toyota. That way, you can be sure that it will last..

Just bought another set of H11 White Halogen Bulb, hopefully everything will be here by next week so that i can have the Fog Lights soon..YEAH..

For the surrond, if you are worried, you can spend $60 to get the Genuine Surround from Toyota. That way, you can be sure that it will last..

Just bought another set of H11 White Halogen Bulb, hopefully everything will be here by next week so that i can have the Fog Lights soon..YEAH..

Take some photos after you get the fog lights installed. Share the happiness with everyone here... :D

Hi Guys, just got the fog lights up this afternoon, BIG THANKS to SUPERMAN Daryl for all the help. Manage to get Fog lights, Mesh Grill, Eyelids, RED LED Flexible Strip Light installed (four doors and boot).

Thought i will post some pictures so that those with ATX deciding on whether to get the Fog Lights can help a better picture and perhaps help in their decision when choosing which one to go for.

I got mine from Grand-Style ($180 + $20 delivery) , please note that the fog lights covers that come with their package are the same from those i got from Toyota, exactly the same part number. I have change the light bulbs to white. Here are the pictures of everything (sorry didn't have time to re-do the mesh yet, can clearly see everything inside) and hope it helps. Pictures are taken in a rush (Rush back home, took some pictures and then rush to work).

Lee, if you need any close-up or different angel pictures, do let me know. I can take pictures again tomorrow morning. Cheers

The package from Grand-Style

grandstyleoemfoglights3.jpg

After Installation:

newfoglights0001.jpg

newfoglights0002.jpg

newfoglights0003.jpg

newfoglights0004.jpg

newfoglights0005.jpg

newfoglights0006.jpg

With Lights On

newfoglights0007.jpg

newfoglights0008.jpg

newfoglights0009.jpg

Excellent work Ingres... :toast:

have any dramas with the fit,prolly not with Daryl on the scene. :D

mate it looks great and the price seems right and fits nicely so i might have a crack at these ones,i will let ya know..

p.s add one more MOD to your list... :yahoo:

Excellent work Ingres... :toast:

have any dramas with the fit,prolly not with Daryl on the scene. :D

mate it looks great and the price seems right and fits nicely so i might have a crack at these ones,i will let ya know..

p.s add one more MOD to your list... :yahoo:

Dramas? Not at all, with Daryl around, doesn't seem to have a problem...

Ya.. as it uses the Toyota Fog Lights Cover, so should be quite alrite..

One thing i find that the white light bulb i bought is not white enough, seems to have two tone of colour compared with the Headlights.

Daryl, any other suggestion that i can make the Fog Lights whiter?

Daryl, any other suggestion that i can make the Fog Lights whiter?

Bulb with more tint... but that will lead to barely any output.

HID's would be the next step. Glare city with that though.

As for issues with the fitment, the one thing I found is that the fog lights themselves do not sit against the fog light covers at the front. It's due to the design of the bumper really and having 'click-in' fittings. Nothing too major, but I like to be picky.

OEM fogs bulbs are about 3400k... he could get 5000k bulbs but there will be barely any throw and next to useless...

HID isnt recommended at all unless you want the cops to look at you with a smile on their face...

Hey Ingres,what fitment size and brand globes are in em...and can't ya just match the same globes to the headlights? :unsure:

They are H11 55W, Daryl and Speedz have told me that its hard to get the same colour unless going HID.. which is not recommended.. So i might just leave it as it is..

One thing I forgot to mention about the install of these lights is the relay.

So yes, the wiring was already there for the fog lights. Toyota were even nice enough to include a micro blade fuse for it as well. But just like AU8ION mentioned earlier, you will need to purchase a relay if you would like to make use of the factory wiring.

Without a doubt, Toyota probably would charge the $97 that he has mentioned it cost. I haven't called Toyota to enquire if it could be obtained for cheaper, but I highly doubt you will be able to find one from them for under $40.

The good news is that the particular relay is just a basic 'micro relay'. The one that Toyota uses is Denso, but you can find others manufactured by Bosch, Narva, etc. I found a Narva one at Autobarn for under $15.

dsc04175i.jpg

You can even get some Bosch ones for under AUD$6 each if you can manage to get rid of the other 9:

eBay: Bosch Micro Relay

I had look at mine today i cannot see how they sit properly there is only 1 provision for screw and its still not the correct angle is there a mounting kit for them?

The factory mounting is exactly the same... just one screw (this is mine):

dsc02878vq3.th.jpg dsc02879dr8.th.jpg dsc02885ln9.th.jpg

Even the Yaris uses one screw (photo courtesy of KEN33F):

DSC03335_800x450.jpg

As for the angle being incorrect, my fog lights are straight and level, and so are the ones I fitted for Ingres. Stability wise with respect to one screw; my Aurion has been given some pretty rough driving and my fog lights are yet to go out of alignment.

[quote As for issues with the fitment, the one thing I found is that the fog lights themselves do not sit against the fog light covers at the front. It's due to the design of the bumper really and having 'click-in' fittings. Nothing too major, but I like to be picky.

Daryl,

what diffrent from original and after market in mounting - is it the covers cause its got bad gap, like you I'm picky do the originals have a gap too

AUR30N

Edited by AUR30N

what diffrent from original and after market in mounting - is it the covers cause its got bad gap, like you I'm picky

I haven't seen a factory/dealer AT-X fog light install so I can't comment on the gap there. As for those aftermarket kits on the AT-X, I did notice a gap when I did the ones for Ingres, and it didn't look 100%.

I'm guessing the gap would probably be the same even on the factory/dealer fitments unless the design of the genuine Toyota fog light itself is a little different. On mine I have a slight amount of gap, but because of the moulding on the front skirt, it hides most of it (excuse the fact they are a bit dirty):

dsc04196.th.jpg dsc04198y.th.jpg dsc04199.th.jpg

I had look at mine today i cannot see how they sit properly there is only 1 provision for screw and its still not the correct angle is there a mounting kit for them?

The factory mounting is exactly the same... just one screw (this is mine):

dsc02878vq3.th.jpg dsc02879dr8.th.jpg dsc02885ln9.th.jpg

Even the Yaris uses one screw (photo courtesy of KEN33F):

DSC03335_800x450.jpg

As for the angle being incorrect, my fog lights are straight and level, and so are the ones I fitted for Ingres. Stability wise with respect to one screw; my Aurion has been given some pretty rough driving and my fog lights are yet to go out of alignment.

The 06-08 Yaris uses 1 mounting screw and 1 slot to hold the lamps in place. The 09 Yaris uses 2 mounting screws across the top and 1 slot to hold the lamp in place.

But if Toyota has designed it to work with 1 mounting screw from factory, then I'm sure it'd be fine.

Btw, was there someone here in the Aurion forum looking for a push switch for their fog kit..? I remember seeing it.. can't remember who.. PM me.

yeah i was looking at the gap also...Daryl yours do look different,it seems like ya have a rubber or whatever it's made of ring in the place where the gap is on the aftermarket jobbies...

maybe factory build took into affect the amount of vibration thru the front bar and added something... :unsure:

yeah i was looking at the gap also...Daryl yours do look different,it seems like ya have a rubber or whatever it's made of ring in the place where the gap is on the aftermarket jobbies...

maybe factory build took into affect the amount of vibration thru the front bar and added something... :unsure:

Ya when Daryl did mine, he noticed the gap and we went and look at his car, there is also a small gap on his fog lights. I think i have read somewhere in the forum that someone has fixed the fog lights at Toyota, perhaps he can help answer whether there is a gap for his?

Lee, you can ask the other seller to post clearer pictures of his installation (if i am not wrong, the ones he posted is not really clear) and decide which one to go for. Haha, i am not that picky on these things, so i am just happy that i have Fog Lights.. :)

From the Toyota parts diagrams it appears that there's a piece that goes between the shroud and the actual lamp..

It appears to be part of the fog shrouds:

52030-06030 (RH)

32040-06030 (LH)

post-3957-1245490575_thumb.jpg

Ya when Daryl did mine, he noticed the gap and we went and look at his car, there is also a small gap on his fog lights. I think i have read somewhere in the forum that someone has fixed the fog lights at Toyota, perhaps he can help answer whether there is a gap for his?

Lee, you can ask the other seller to post clearer pictures of his installation (if i am not wrong, the ones he posted is not really clear) and decide which one to go for. Haha, i am not that picky on these things, so i am just happy that i have Fog Lights.. :)

Ingres,i'm very picky and if it's not 100% right then i wont stop till it is,and that will mean more $$$....but hey thats me. :)

so i'm still sitting on the fence watching & listening at the moment,and i'm in no hurry so alls good,one thing with the Aurion i've learnt to be patient. B)