Acceleration delay on 2007 RAV4 - 4 Cylinder

MattCMLEE

Hi There,

I have a 2007 RAV4 - 4 Cylinder and notice that there is considerable noticeable delay (when compared with a "non-drive by wire" car) in the acceleration from a start position. I know the RAV4 has a drive by wire technology but the delay seem to be quite pronounce compared with a Subaru Liberty. The delay in acceleration does not seem to to be fuel related as I have tried both RON 91 and 95. I previously took it to toyota dealer and feedback is it is normal for "a drive by wire" but it is quite annoying. Just want to know if others have a similar problem with the 4 cylinder model. I am thinking of taking it to another dealer to get a second opinion Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks

Matt

Hi There,

I have a 2007 RAV4 - 4 Cylinder and notice that there is considerable noticeable delay (when compared with a "non-drive by wire" car) in the acceleration from a start position. I know the RAV4 has a drive by wire technology but the delay seem to be quite pronounce compared with a Subaru Liberty. The delay in acceleration does not seem to to be fuel related as I have tried both RON 91 and 95. I previously took it to toyota dealer and feedback is it is normal for "a drive by wire" but it is quite annoying. Just want to know if others have a similar problem with the 4 cylinder model. I am thinking of taking it to another dealer to get a second opinion Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks

Matt

I haven't driven a 4 cylinder RAV, but my V6 has the same drive-by-wire throttle system. I've never noticed any delay, in fact I've heard complaints from others that the pedal is too sensitive--just barely touch it and off you go. How much of a delay are you feeling? How about when cruising and you speed up for passing? Do you get a delay there as well?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2008 2.4 CV Auto and I don't have any delays in the initial start ups. I can have little wheels spins as well. I only problem that i can mention is maybe the Auto box sometimes hesitates when you put your put to the floor. But nothing major as it does down shift in an acceptable time frame.

I have an 06 Rav CV and have never noticed any issues with it.

That being said I do have to travel for work and generally end up in Camrys.

I have had it occur in those cars a few times to the point were I thought it had stalled ??

Very much a noticable time frame before it picks up so much so I've had enough time to hit the accelerator twice !

Can't offer any help though ... sorry

• 4 months later...