GoodYear Eagle F1 Asymetrical

Guni

I was looking for a decent replacement for my freaking Nankangs and have been so for a while. Reason I have not gone ahead is because of the lack of funds and I have not found something that strike my fancy. After continuous researches about tyres and reading around and asking questions and stuff, I've decided to go ahead with the F1 Asymetrical because

1) Asymetrical but not directional. I prefer that because I like to rotate my tyres in the cross pattern which in a way out of the many, fully utilises it because at 350 a corner, you would want to! :lol: Thanks to ruddy for financing most of it :clap:

2) It was released early last year and I haven't noticed anyone use it around here so I thought I give it a crack. No doubt the RE001 is bang for buck and is good judging by the millions of reviews we have had from peeps here and else where but I wanted to try something new that most haven't. On top of that, its asymetrical and directional :P :P :P :P

3) In my google searches for independant reviews, the F1 Asymetrical was pitted against the big boys in the high performance tyre market such as Bridgestone to name a few and came out better all round. Car manufacterers such as Audi, BMW and the likes and whatever that is left of car makers are already starting to utilise them as OEM on their cars.

DSC00269.jpg

DSC00270.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00272.jpg

DSC00279.jpg

DSC00280.jpg

DSC00273.jpg

Made in Germany goodness and not a bad looking tread as well .... Even has a rim protector and indicator for it!!! :toast:

Most importantly, I had someone who was using RE001 sat in my car while I gave it a little (too much) around corners and he was impressed!

Not to mention quiet too whilst cruising highways and around corners. Really tight grip. I love tight!

Gives me an oppurtunity to listen to my varex!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

1) Asymetrical but not directional. I prefer that because I like to rotate my tyres in the cross pattern which in a way out of the many, fully utilises it because at 350 a corner, you would want to! :lol: Thanks to ruddy for financing most of it :clap:

this is the same as the RE001's.. i found this out by mistake... i took off both the back wheels and put them aside and later forgot which one goes on the left and which goes on the right.. after putting them side to side and having a close look at the front set (that were still on the car) they still matched up..

so i too now swap from far corner to corner..

i'v also heard a few good reviews on these tyres.. good choice Guni... lets us know how you like :) ..

Because you mentioned lack of funds i could sell you my Dunlops if your interested..

Dunlop Sportmaxx 215/45/17 directional though.Made in Japan and done 1000km.

NO damage,punctures or rips..

Best pic i could find for now sorry.

post-9535-1239420844_thumb.jpg

Because you mentioned lack of funds i could sell you my Dunlops if your interested..

How much?

this is the same as the RE001's.. i found this out by mistake... i took off both the back wheels and put them aside and later forgot which one goes on the left and which goes on the right.. after putting them side to side and having a close look at the front set (that were still on the car) they still matched up..

so i too now swap from far corner to corner..

i'v also heard a few good reviews on these tyres.. good choice Guni... lets us know how you like :) ..

Interesting because that was one thing that was putting me away from RE001. I remember seeing alex's had directional and asymetrical. New model perhaps??

How much?

pm sent

Most importantly, I had someone who was using RE001 sat in my car while I gave it a little (too much) around corners and he was impressed!

Passengers always have less confidence than the driver when going hard, 'understeer is when the passenger is comfortable, oversteer is when the driver is comfortable'. A proper test would be back to back with the same car and driver around a track ;)

Interesting because that was one thing that was putting me away from RE001. I remember seeing alex's had directional and asymetrical. New model perhaps??

Not directional, they do have a 'this side out' on them, but otherwise I put them where ever I feel.

The Eagle F1 are a very good tyre, better than the RE001, but as you saw they are expensive.

Passengers always have less confidence than the driver when going hard, 'understeer is when the passenger is comfortable, oversteer is when the driver is comfortable'. A proper test would be back to back with the same car and driver around a track ;)

There was neither oversteer or understeer when there normally would. That's why he's impressed.

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

And looking that the brakes upgrade just caught me out because I needed to spend a little more than I budgeted, I'll be sure to put that to the test once my wallet has recovered you'll be sure of that! :D

Not directional, they do have a 'this side out' on them, but otherwise I put them where ever I feel.

The Eagle F1 are a very good tyre, better than the RE001, but as you saw they are expensive.

Ah ... OK. I stand corrected about RE001.

I agree they more more expensive compare to RE001 but my curiosity got the better of me and not to mention the need to try new things. So unless GoodYear has a closing down sale soon or in the future, I'll be looking for alternatives to these next time.

Just had to experiencing it......

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

These seemed to hold up pretty well in the wet and I wasn't giving it all today but it was enough.

Anymore and I'll be down the ravine. Guys going to the National Meet will know what I mean.

Pulling at least a G around some corners and then the direction would change immediately, my poor rear parcel shelf dislodged itself. That must be quite some flex ....

In short, tyres were impressive in the wet around corners. TBH, they didn't seem to show signs they were going to kick out but I didn't want to take the risk.

:lol: :lol: