are these any good?

check this... its an electric wrench that plugs into the cigarette lighter.

EBAY LINK HERE.

anyone used these before? i think hot4s was offering these free with a 12 month perscription.

jase.

if it will do wheel nuts inc 4wd & light commercial it might be ok,but how long will that little cheap a$$ 12v motor last?if its not to exspensive might worth stashin one in the boot for emergencies. :unsure:

I have one and have checked it against a rattlegun using a rated torque bar at my tyre dealer. It is supposed to tighten wheel nuts to 250KN and did so against the rattlegun with the torque bar. It was able to repeat the process and probably could have stripped or broken the stud if we had kept going. It does not rattle, rather it winds up and then releases- three hits and the nut is off and three hits again and it is tight. I have not had to use it as I run Cooper tyres on my Cruiser and I've never had a puncture in them after 2 sets, which is about 200,000 km. But anyone who is strong enough to handle the spare could change a tyre with one. I paid $80 for mine at the NSW Caravan Show 2 years ago.

I have one and have checked it against a rattlegun using a rated torque bar at my tyre dealer. It is supposed to tighten wheel nuts to 250KN and did so against the rattlegun with the torque bar. It was able to repeat the process and probably could have stripped or broken the stud if we had kept going. It does not rattle, rather it winds up and then releases- three hits and the nut is off and three hits again and it is tight. I have not had to use it as I run Cooper tyres on my Cruiser and I've never had a puncture in them after 2 sets, which is about 200,000 km. But anyone who is strong enough to handle the spare could change a tyre with one. I paid $80 for mine at the NSW Caravan Show 2 years ago.

Yes I think they are OK. Why not ask to try one before you buy?