Roof Rails for the 2006 Rav4 ... where to buy ?

Remko

Hey ...

I've done numerous hours trolling the intraweb looking for Rav4 "roof rails"

No matter what search I continually get results for roof "racks" ... really annoying.

I've tried the Toyota site but it also does the same thing .. GRRRR

Can anyone post a link to any site that does the actual rails ?

To be honest if Toyota does them I'd rather not pay their inflated prices but at this rate not even Toyota seem to do them.

Our Rav is a 2006 CV model ... after market parts are fine.

Your help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Remko

Edited by Remko

• 2 weeks later...

I know what you mean. I have a 2008 CV and was thinking of getting roof rails like they have on the Cruiser Models. I did come across a seller on eBay a couple of months back but never purchased them. I had a look now again, but it does not seeem to be there.

OK ... just found some :huh:

There is a seller on ebay UK ... just do a search on Rav4 roof rails and he'll come up.

After currency conversion and postage you'd be looking at just over $500 AU :nono:

I'll keep looking

• 3 months later...

There is a seller on ebay UK ... just do a search on Rav4 roof rails and he'll come up.

After currency conversion and postage you'd be looking at just over $500 AU :nono:

I'll keep looking

:whistling:

Well, I've done a bit of homework and what I found is that the Australian e-bay seller wants $205 for them:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Brand-New-RAV4-06-0...bayphotohosting

while Sci-fleet dealer which is at Kitchener Rd in Brisbane wants Rails 2 x 546.00, front cover 2 x 72.98, rear cover 2 x 72.45, 10% GST, plus $312 fitting. If you are lucky you could get 10% discount.

Although the first rails are much cheaper than dealer's one there is a problem with installation. I read on another forum that one fellow installed them and got water leakage inside and as a result - spotted liner. If u really tend to fit them then use the silicon and rubber washers. I got instruction how to fit rails if you need I can e-mail em to you. In my opinion, self-fitting could pose at risk anti-corrosive warranty. Any thoughts against my research will be much appreciated.

• 2 months later...

I'll keep looking

:whistling:

Well, I've done a bit of homework and what I found is that the Australian e-bay seller wants $205 for them:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Brand-New-RAV4-06-0...bayphotohosting

while Sci-fleet dealer which is at Kitchener Rd in Brisbane wants Rails 2 x 546.00, front cover 2 x 72.98, rear cover 2 x 72.45, 10% GST, plus $312 fitting. If you are lucky you could get 10% discount.

Although the first rails are much cheaper than dealer's one there is a problem with installation. I read on another forum that one fellow installed them and got water leakage inside and as a result - spotted liner. If u really tend to fit them then use the silicon and rubber washers. I got instruction how to fit rails if you need I can e-mail em to you. In my opinion, self-fitting could pose at risk anti-corrosive warranty. Any thoughts against my research will be much appreciated.

I bought mine from ebay too for $245 including rails and racks. Indeed it doesn't it perfect and I'm a bit worried about the risk for the anti-corrosive warranty.

I received the instruction but nothing about the silicon and rubber - very brilliant idea :idea:

Would be great if you can email me the instruction :rolleyes:

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread. Came across this when I was searching the forums.

Thinking about buying roof racks for the Rav4 to carry my snowboards. My question has two parts to it:

1) What are people's thoughts about buying an OEM roof rack off ebay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Roof-Rack-TOYOTA-RAV4-06-10-Roof-Rails-Cross-Bars-/120635458835?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c166f0513#ht_4031wt_1130) and buy the snowboard adapter bars?

2) If I buy the OEM roof racks off ebay, how does it attach to the roof if it says "no cutting, no drilling"?

Thanks,

Pete.

1. Should be no problem to hold a few snowboards.

2. Under the cover on the roof rack there are 2 screws. Just unscrew them and place the roof rack in and screw them down. Easy.

img0145lt.jpg

Edited by A Buff Hamster

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone bought these?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Brand-New-RAV4-01-05-Roof-Rack-Rails-Pair-/160612349294?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item25653df56e#ht_3694wt_1139

The image is too small to figure out what it would look like on the rav4, if anyone has bought this could you upload an image for me? I'm considering to buy this :) Seems cheap

Those types run alone the roof not across. I prefer across the roof as it's more practical but it's less aerodynamic than the ones that run down alone the roof.

No point buying it if you aren't going to put anything on the roof of your Rav4.

Edited by A Buff Hamster