ScanGauge II

c32kompressor

Hey guys,

Just a quick question? Does anyone have the ScanGauge II installed in their current model Rav's. I have a 2008 2.4 CV and am thinking of getting one. Here is the link below:

http://www.scangauge.com.au/buy/index.shtml

As the Rav4 does not have a trip computer, I'm thinking of getting the ScanGauge as I'd like to monitor my fuel consumption a bit more. The CR-V comes with a trip computer and the Rav doesn't.

If anyone has this installed please let me know as the the Dealership was not very helpful and I called the ScanGauge people and they said that it works for the 2006 but they arer not sure of the 2008. From my understanding, the model's did not really change during that time. On their website it also says that it works on Rav's 2006 onwards but whrn I called them, they could not gaurantee this.

Hey guys,

Just a quick question? Does anyone have the ScanGauge II installed in their current model Rav's. I have a 2008 2.4 CV and am thinking of getting one. Here is the link below:

As the Rav4 does not have a trip computer, I'm thinking of getting the ScanGauge as I'd like to monitor my fuel consumption a bit more. The CR-V comes with a trip computer and the Rav doesn't.

If anyone has this installed please let me know as the the Dealership was not very helpful and I called the ScanGauge people and they said that it works for the 2006 but they arer not sure of the 2008. From my understanding, the model's did not really change during that time. On their website it also says that it works on Rav's 2006 onwards but whrn I called them, they could not gaurantee this.

I too been researching into this and i went as far as contacting Toyota US and Toyota canada to see if i could get the display button with wiring sent over here to be installed on my steering wheel. The US and canadian versions have trip computer and i believe that our versions have that too but not activated by lovely Toyota australia. Since US and Canada toyota were not willing to help, i am now looking into a scangauge and does fit in.

most modern cars with an OBDII plug in will work with scangauge.

My brother in law ordered one and im waiting to see how it works on his car.

Edited by Bruster

Good stuff. Keep us posted on how you go once your brother in law gets his. Tell us if it is any good and then I might get one. The other thing I was also thinking about was the palcement of the product. Do not want to place it in front of the dash as I quite like the look of the dash and the only other place I can think of is in the centre conolse in front of the gear knob. But this might be too low. Once you have experimented with yours, it'll be nice if you couls also put up some pictures on where you placed it.

Thanks mate

Hey guys,

Hi all

I have had the ScanGauge II installed onto my 2009 RAV4, and previously on my 2007 model. Very informative information displayed eg Tank L/100km , Current trip L/100Km, Instaltaneous L/100Km, & distance to empty. All the above info is displayed on the one screen, & at the same time.

Hey guys,

Hi all

I have had the ScanGauge II installed onto my 2009 RAV4, and previously on my 2007 model. Very informative information displayed eg Tank L/100km , Current trip L/100Km, Instaltaneous L/100Km, & distance to empty. All the above info is displayed on the one screen, & at the same time.

Well, just hooked it up today. It's got a reading from the OBDII port, but I still need to configure it. - the speed reading on it, was a bit off earlier when I went for a drive, - have to do more manual reading.

Will report back on it in the next two days, - looks like a promising gizmo. <_<

• 2 weeks later...
Good to see thatits up and running...keep us posted on its usefulness!!!!

Speed reading is actually spot on, - similar to the GPS speed reading, - which are both approx 5K less than the speedometer that seems to have a margin of error, (reading 60Km when I'm driving 55Km, and so on). Finally I know why other cars are always passing me!!! Found a good thread in the Kluger forums addressing this, - something we all have to live with.

Still haven't managed to get the fuel-economy etc reading working right, - I still need to read the manual - fill up configure it - fill up - configure it a couple of times for it to work right.

The greatest pain with having the scangauge, is the constant unplug & put away everytime I park the car so as not to encourage idiots to break the window & steal it!!!

Actually, - has anyone heard of a theft of a trip-computer? - breaking the glass to steal it :excl:

• 2 months later...

Looks like a very handy gadget. I too am quite disappointed that Toyota Australia didn't include a trip computer for the RAV4. It looks like the latest firmware even allow you to display your trip cost in realtime if you've entered what you've paid at the pump. I'm seriously thinking about getting one.

Can anyone suggest a good place to mount the scangauge in the current shape RAV? Perhaps on top of the steering column in front of the speedometer?