DEFECT/CANARY OR EPA!!!

TOYTRD

wats everyones story on their defect??

i've copped 2 canarys and a EPA so far while having my license [3 years]

1st time - red parkers, 1 bold tyre, lose handbreak and metal pedals

2nd time - too low, open air filter, bold tyres and lights [they think it had too much colour in it]

this was all with my first car, i had a 91 corolla with a kit...

and my EPA, i was driving home from the drive-ins with my misses at 1 in the morning, saw someone get pulled over so i didnt think anything of it!

driving normally past the cops... next thing u know, 2-3 weeks later i get a EPA letter in the mail! i was shattered!

the EPA was with the second car i had, it was 89 corolla SX.

since i have owned my sportivo, i have been putted over twice, but they had nothing on me! =]

thats my story!!

my old man used to drive a truck, which was owned by a company he used to work for, and it was an absolute lemon. the company were a bunch of cheapskates and always skimped on servicing things that "almost" needed replacing. eg, one day the gearbox ***** itself, and they had it reconditioned. the shop recommended reaplcing the clutch as it was at 60%, while everythign was apart. but they didnt want to replace it. what happened 2 months later? they had to get the clutch replaced, and ended up costing $1500 in labour to replace it (as they had to take absolutely everything apart)

anyway, they had a warning from the epa about excess exhaust smoke which they ignored. the company got it checked out, turned out there was faulty injectors that were causing unburnt deisel to be emitted, as well as burning oil. the company put the reapirs off for a bit, and eventually wound up getting a $10,000 fine for ignoring it.

not the most exciting story, but there are some real idiots out there.

Edited by lateralus

Last defect papers ended up costing me $1700 after fines and new exhaust system...

Got stung by the Cops, RTA and EPA at the same time hahaha...

fark dude, pretty hectik! all in the one goo!

Last defect papers ended up costing me $1700 after fines and new exhaust system...

Got stung by the Cops, RTA and EPA at the same time hahaha...

fark dude, pretty hectik! all in the one goo!

Yeah mate, got stung pretty hard... Had the ****s after that, overtook a slowish car, copper hiding in the bushes so also got a speeding fine that night too, lost enough points to make me lose my license for the 3rd time so was an unhappy pappy that night LOL...

Got done for blue parkers and my eyelids just recently. But all is good now, except my pocket <_< ..

What was wrong with your eyelids And1?

Eyelids cover part of the light emitted from the headlight so they are a defect...

I had my GTi for 14 years and never really been hassled except for being followed till my car checked out on their computer..

Years ago i had a front sticker as a number plate cos i had a different spoiler then,it was exact size,reflective and even had black spots to look like screws.

Got pulled over and was asked to remove and replace it and let me go.how the hell did he notice as he was going the other way.Asked him and said "i know your car" :blink:

I got rid of it and 2weeks later pulled over again by another just to check,and let me go...

Couple of years ago outside work one night pulled over again and got a defect only.

First thing was an oil leak which was minor to me but not him,small amount of oil under dizzy from O ring.. Fixed

Second was the roll cage and why i didnt have a eng certificate for it.Told him its in for a couple of weeks cos going to car show.

Just had half the cage in,not the front... Fixed

Finally left rear tyre,which had more meat than right rear..

Blue slip done and that was that,nothing major just an inconvenience

Untitled-1.jpg

Sorry for the poor pic

Damn man, thats a freekin hot Corolla...

i will second that! any more pics/details?

i got yellowed the other week for bald tyres and windscreen crack (so small i didnt even realise i had one) they didnt say anything about the massive hole in my bonnet for my TMI. they could have shafted me for heaps of stuff but they were pretty cool. still havent got my yellow off yet but not far off.

Damn man, thats a freekin hot Corolla...

i will second that! any more pics/details?

i got yellowed the other week for bald tyres and windscreen crack (so small i didnt even realise i had one) they didnt say anything about the massive hole in my bonnet for my TMI. they could have shafted me for heaps of stuff but they were pretty cool. still havent got my yellow off yet but not far off.

Sometimes luck is on ourside,depends what mood thy're in when pulling you over :P

Few pics of my GTi for you damo101

Standard 4AGE with 375000km and never touched,no leaks,no smoke.I miss it bigtime..

Lowered,Hitech catback in S/S..OMP seat..TRD quickshift..FXGT front bar,slotted rotors and immac interior..

JVN11L.jpg

P1010082.jpg

rr.jpg

010.jpg