G-tech Bhp readings

http://search.ebay.com.au/g-tech_W0QQfkrZ1...atitleZgQ2dtech

I just got one of those G-tech meters off ebay (arrived this arve) and have done a couple of Bhp runs.

The average Bhp it returned (after about 5 runs ) was 100Bhp. If I'm not mistaken thats around 75 Kws ?

I have to put the weight of my car in too, not being to sure on the exact weight as it has to be in pounds i guestimated and stuck it in at abou 2650 pounds (i think can't remember had a few drinks).

had a good play with aiming for a PB in lateral G's too :D

hey man i got one too my average is about 180 - 210 bhp with 0-100km/hr 7.4 over about 10 runs my 1/4 mile though is bad as i had to do it by pulling over on the motor way and then start in the lowest i could get was 15.2sec

i put put my cars weight as 3053 pounds; full gvm minus 3 passengers worth approx 150 pounds each.

Edited by influx

Yeah wasn't too sure what weigth to put in.

But 100Bhp is proberly not too far of the mark seeing as though its actual Bhp wich will allways be lower then on a dyno.

Pretty Fun though well worth the $80 i payed for it.

Did you get yours off ebay as well ?

Can't weight to get some mods and try and beat my times :D

exactly how accurate are these things ?

I know the box claims there accurate but they are marketing the thing so it wouldn't suprise what they put on the box.

The reason i'm asking is that i am getting loads of 8.6s to 8.9s 0-100s, my corolla Is only supposed to do it 9.1s according to toyota, i don't have any mods other then mags.

Hi 02rolla,

Like any other tuning tool this is no different.

What its supposed to do is give you a stake in the ground of where you started and then as you mod your car it will show you your gains.

I have explained this on here before when the whole dyno debate was going round and round. These are things that cost less than $100 giving you readings which if done professionally using the "proper" testing equipment costs $10K+.

So i think you can sum up how accurate it is.

Last time i was looking into these things i remember they didnt have hill sensors i.e it couldnt tell if you were going uphill or downhill. Also it used to use something stuck on your windscreen to measure the G-force to calculate your output. This was a few years back and back then lets just say i didnt trust these read outs as we managed sub 7's in a mates pulsar SSS which is impossible.

Not to kill anyones fun go out there buy it play with it but dont be bragging on about how you managed a sub 6 second 0-100 using a G-tech like i see so many idiots doing on other forums.

cheers

Bill

p.s. it would be very interesting to wire up 2 different units to the same car and see the accuracy of these things. if that is possible

Hi 02rolla,

Like any other tuning tool this is no different.

What its supposed to do is give you a stake in the ground of where you started and then as you mod your car it will show you your gains.

I have explained this on here before when the whole dyno debate was going round and round. These are things that cost less than $100 giving you readings which if done professionally using the "proper" testing equipment costs $10K+.

So i think you can sum up how accurate it is.

Last time i was looking into these things i remember they didnt have hill sensors i.e it couldnt tell if you were going uphill or downhill. Also it used to use something stuck on your windscreen to measure the G-force to calculate your output. This was a few years back and back then lets just say i didnt trust these read outs as we managed sub 7's in a mates pulsar SSS which is impossible.

Not to kill anyones fun go out there buy it play with it but dont be bragging on about how you managed a sub 6 second 0-100 using a G-tech like i see so many idiots doing on other forums.

cheers

Bill

p.s. it would be very interesting to wire up 2 different units to the same car and see the accuracy of these things. if that is possible

Yeah these units are no different, still have to be on a long flat surface with the unit stuck to your windscreen.

It does seem to bring the 100 close to when my speedo hits 100 (actually a little bit before but i think that mayb because my mags threw them it out).

lol I won't be bragging to anyone about an 8.8s run, but yeah these are best for before and after mod comparisons.

Thnx

http://search.ebay.com.au/g-tech_W0QQfkrZ1...atitleZgQ2dtech

I just got one of those G-tech meters off ebay (arrived this arve) and have done a couple of Bhp runs.

The average  Bhp it returned (after about 5 runs ) was 100Bhp. If I'm not mistaken thats around 75 Kws ?

I have to put the weight of my car in too, not being to sure on the exact weight as it has to be in pounds i guestimated and stuck it in at abou 2650 pounds (i think can't remember had a few drinks).

had a good play with aiming for a PB in lateral G's too  :D

Hmm I never tried the Bhp only did 0-100 and 1/4 mile run.

I know the box claims there accurate but they are marketing the thing so it wouldn't suprise what they put on the box.

The reason i'm asking is that i am getting loads of 8.6s to 8.9s 0-100s, my corolla Is only supposed to do it 9.1s according to toyota, i don't have any mods other then mags.

Remember it's 0-60 mph not 0-100 kph time that shown on the GTECH meter.

Remember it's 0-60 mph not 0-100 kph time that shown on the GTECH meter.

My mate's that I seem to have on permanent loan can be set to metric (kph) or imperial (mph). And as for their accuracy - well, several Australian motoring mags use them for there own testing so they must be accurate enough for inter-car comparison, if not highly precise.

Doesn't it take all its outputs from the ECU, including speed? So the RSM should be more accurate in timing (assuming the ECU is accurate) than a G-Tech, which needs to measure acceleration (G's) to determine distance travelled.

Doesn't it take all its outputs from the ECU, including speed?  So the RSM should be more accurate in timing (assuming the ECU is accurate) than a G-Tech, which needs to measure acceleration (G's) to determine distance travelled.

well this is the thing....because on one certain persons car I managed to get a 14.87 0-400M time :blink: with the apexi RSM, and this car has only CAI :ph34r:

now a 1/4 mile is 421 M so you can take that to almost a 15.00 ~ 15.10 sec pass???????

Doesn't it take all its outputs from the ECU, including speed?  So the RSM should be more accurate in timing (assuming the ECU is accurate) than a G-Tech, which needs to measure acceleration (G's) to determine distance travelled.

well this is the thing....because on one certain persons car I managed to get a 14.87 0-400M time :blink: with the apexi RSM, and this car has only CAI :ph34r:

now a 1/4 mile is 421 M so you can take that to almost a 15.00 ~ 15.10 sec pass???????

would actually be a bit nearer 15...

1 mile = 1.609 km

therefore

0.25 miles (1/4) = 402.25 m

Conversion tables

Edited by Blue_Stivo

14.87SEC wow craig thats FURRY SICK.. who's car must be a pretty speedy gonzalz :P we cant fight the truth if the figures show up it must be legit.. :D we always new this car was fast obviously came out the right side of the production plant.. i was wondering why it came with stock TTE development stickers throughout the car... ;)

14.87SEC wow craig thats FURRY SICK.. who's car must be a pretty speedy gonzalz :P  we cant fight the truth if the figures show up it must be legit..  :D  we always new this car was fast obviously came out the right side of the production plant.. i was wondering why it came with stock TTE development stickers throughout the car... ;)

HAHAHA gregsan you are so funny.......... its damn shame though when someone ELSE can drive your OWN CAR a full .30 seconds faster than you can huh!!!! ;)

<- Dylan.....only 30 to go :P