200 VX Landcruiser

Dino

I'am the proud owner of a Toyota VX Landcruiser and as I planned to tow a large caravan around Australia I decided to have a GVM (Gross Vehicle Mass) suspension upgrade but the problem I have now experienced is 20mm sag in the suspension on the drivers side. The GVM upgrader & the Toyota dealer who had my vehicle for two days apiece were unable to solve the problem, so my question is, has anybody else experienced this problem & what was done to fix it ?

Please help,

Dino.

• 2 months later...
I'am the proud owner of a Toyota VX Landcruiser and as I planned to tow a large caravan around Australia I decided to have a GVM (Gross Vehicle Mass) suspension upgrade but the problem I have now experienced is 20mm sag in the suspension on the drivers side. The GVM upgrader & the Toyota dealer who had my vehicle for two days apiece were unable to solve the problem, so my question is, has anybody else experienced this problem & what was done to fix it ?

Please help,

Dino.

Hi Dino

I have been towing a 21'6" Sunland Longreach semi off road van for about 3 months. The van weighs approx 2,700 kg and has a ball weight at around 200kg+. The tow hitch is a Hayman Reese 750 weight distribution hitch coupled with the Dual Cam Sway controller assy. I spent a lot of time getting the levels set up correctly and when hitched up the vehicle comes back to within mm's of the unhitched dimensions. It tows and handles beautifully now. Initially the amount of weight behind the rear suspension became somewhat of an sway issue at times and unfortunatly due to the design layout we couldn't move any weight foward short of removing 2 spare wheels from the rear (which we did as an experiment with some degree of success)

I've just clocked up 17,000 kms and the vehicle has the same stance unhitched as it did when new.

Regards Dave-W

• 3 weeks later...

Dino

I also have a VX and wanted to add an aux fuel tank and upgrade suspension with OME coils, struts and shocks. ARB's current spec and price sheet has the following footnote for suspension upgrades to models with KDSS.

"Due to the nature of the KDSS, Models fitted with KDSS may experience a characteristic 10mm to 15mm lean to the front right hand side."

You haven't stated in your post what brand GVM upgrade you had but if it was OME then the fitter should have brought this to your attention before doing the job.

• 5 months later...

:blink: dave have you installed air bags

regards hammer1 :whistling:

Hi Dino

I have been towing a 21'6" Sunland Longreach semi off road van for about 3 months. The van weighs approx 2,700 kg and has a ball weight at around 200kg+. The tow hitch is a Hayman Reese 750 weight distribution hitch coupled with the Dual Cam Sway controller assy. I spent a lot of time getting the levels set up correctly and when hitched up the vehicle comes back to within mm's of the unhitched dimensions. It tows and handles beautifully now. Initially the amount of weight behind the rear suspension became somewhat of an sway issue at times and unfortunatly due to the design layout we couldn't move any weight foward short of removing 2 spare wheels from the rear (which we did as an experiment with some degree of success)

I've just clocked up 17,000 kms and the vehicle has the same stance unhitched as it did when new.

Regards Dave-W

• 4 months later...

Please help,

Dino.

I just brought a new Petrol VX 200 series and it is in the shop today with a 25MM drop on the drivers side front and the VSC light keeps coming on! anyone had the same issue?

Please help,

Dino.

I just brought a new Petrol VX 200 series and it is in the shop today with a 25MM drop on the drivers side front and the VSC light keeps coming on! anyone had the same issue?

Ive had a couple of friends with this problem they fixed it themselves via re-leveling the KDSS system and haven't had it happen again since :clap: mine has never had the problem :D from friends reports they sumise air in system has caused it but one will never know for sure